Friday, August 31, 2012

“Secularism, materialism, and the intrusive presence of things have put out the light in our souls and turned us into a generation of zombies.” ― A.W. Tozer

We find ourselves face to  face with Friday. It is the 31st and last day of August in the year of our Lord, 2012. It would be interesting if we brought back and began to say each time we give the date, year of our Lord. We would certainly find ourselves on the wrong side of political correctness but we would be siding with historical accuracy. While the new designations have all been changed to reflect religious neutrality or better put, no religious significance at all, this doesn't change the fact that every time we view or use the date on our calendar, it does represent the number of years counted from the projected birth of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Deny it all you want, but the facts are still the facts. (Fact definition: A thing that is indisputably the case.) While the origin of this saying is hard to nail down for attribution, it remains true: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but no one is entitled to their own facts." When it is all said and done it's not just history, it really is HIS STORY.

You did not accidentally land on the indexed sermon page. Just my two cents adjusted for inflation. I'm closing in on some 70,000 page views since I began this blogging venture. That is a pretty big number if you ask me. However, it pales in comparison to the videos that go viral on sites like YouTube. Some have generated millions within hours of being put out on the web. But, that's okay because we do not know who might be landing on this, that, or the other site, but we do know that God can work to make contact with folks, regardless. I remind us all once again of that evening service where some teenaged boys came to chat up some girls. They were doing their macho thing, flexing their 'look at me' techniques. The preacher stood up and opened the Book. When he closed the Book those same macho boys ran down that isle balling their eyes out. They had kept an appointment. Not with the girls they intended to meet, but with Almighty God Himself. This means that you and I can be an influence to others by leaving a word, or deed, that reflects the truth of God, and it is the truth of God that changes people, period, whether they accidentally land on a blog or go to a Church service, in this case, these fellows ended up looking for love in the right place! Amen.

Let me share this with you. One of the things I enjoy most about our daily visits is how I sit down and while at times I have something in mind, often what ends up being sent out just shows up. I wish it was more than that. But, that's how it works sometimes. I actually work through the process and at times I end up scrapping the whole thing. It just doesn't resonate or do it, for me. I hear you. You think that I have allowed some to slip through that should have never seen the light of day. I agree. However, occasionally I will randomly visit something I wrote years ago that are a part of this compilation, and to tell you the truth, when I read it, it still has something to say, and I am thankful that it does. I am aware of the process here. It does require moving information from inside that thinking apparatus onto the electronic page. Or as Paw Paw Mac used to encourage: "Son, use your head for something other than a hat rack." But, the blessing comes when I know that what I have shared has made a difference in my life, and I am confident that it can in others' lives as well. And, I suppose that keeps me going. Have yourself a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and we will see what shows up for Monday, Lord willing. Amen.     .......More later. 

No comments: