Thursday, August 30, 2012

I wonder if they have a Sweet 116 motif?

Here we are. We found it. It turns out to be Thursday, August 30, 2012. We have been praying and continue to pray our way through this storm named Isaac. We have numerous loved ones impacted by this weather event. Prayer and preparation. That's right folks. That's how we roll. We pray to God because we believe the song to be accurate: "He's got the whole world in His hands." We also appreciate the meaning of when as contrasted to if. When troubles come. When the storms batter. When this life gets hard to deal with. We can hear through the Word of God the very voice of our Savior as He came to His disciples as they were beat and battered by the storm, "Do not be afraid, it is I." We all will experience the 'whens' in our time here on the planet. But we can be certain that He knows all about it, and that He cares. He may not cause the storm to change its course but He will see us through, and we can be certain of that. How about a good hearty Amen to the truth about God's unchangeable care for His own? Amen? .......Yes, Amen!

Talk about surviving in this life, I read about the world's oldest person, Bessie Cooper, as she prepares to celebrate her 116th year in her sojourn here, this coming Sunday. She has lived most of her life in a very small town called Between, Georgia. Born in 1896, she has witnessed a lot of history over her lifetime. They had a big celebration this week and named a bridge after her. Her comments about some of why she has made it this long, "I mind my own business and I never eat junk food." Now if anyone has rights to living proof of the efficacy of their advice, well, I wouldn't argue with Bessie. As I read about this in The Walton Tribune, I also noticed that Harmony Baptist Church in that same area is preparing to celebrate its 125th anniversary. They are doing so with the publication of a new cook book with recipes that date throughout the history of the congregation there. One of the ladies heading up the project said their church was full of good cooks. And, may I just say this. Good cooks in Baptist Churches does match up very well with my experience. May God bless Bessie Cooper and may God bless Harmony Baptist as they continue to live out the life God has given to them. Amen.

I don't know if you have paid any attention to some of the hurricane tracking models but talk about going in all directions. They are called spaghetti models and they reflect the guesses of storm experts who put together models of what they think the storm will do. Here is a good one. As Isaac got closer and closer to making landfall, they showed the different models, and they commented how they had finally begun to reach consensus on a tracking projection. Duh? Let me see if I have this right? Once the hurricane hits, all the prognosticators can tell us with a fairly high degree of accuracy where it landed. No. I am not making fun of these scientists. I only point this out in passing because it tells us that with all the sophistication and technology known to humanity, we are still unable to always get it right. That should not make us to be despondent and looking down. No. That should make us dependent and looking up. I just knew you would want to know about that little insight. Not so much? Okay. Now that you have read it, you know for sure, 100%, that you were not interested. Now you know. See. I always do my best to contribute something. Have a great day and may God bless each one. Amen.        .....More later.

No comments: