Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Just in time. I had pretty much run out of places to hide the dirty clothes.

Good Tuesday morning here on August 21, 2012 where I say hello again and may I just tell you that my life just got kicked up one huge notch. That's right. My wife came home yesterday and we are in the process of returning to the 'how things should work' category. She has been away to help her sister in the illness and subsequent death of our brother in law. While I have missed her greatly, it's amazing how God used her to help the folks over there to deal with this challenge and loss. They all told me they didn't know how they could have made it without her, especially being there for her sister. We thank God for His providential working that allowed her to retire in April that she might be available for this need. In addition to her helping out with all the support and details required, she, her sister, their two older brothers, and their sister in law, all had an opportunity to spend quality time together. Brother Milton, given his past health prospects, being anywhere is about as close to a miracle as you will find in this world. To have them all together to laugh and recall family reminiscences, well, that is a blessing folks, a blessing indeed. She left that set of challenges there and we've made sure she won't miss out on any here. Just kidding. A little. But, my oh my, ain't it good to have her home again! Amen.

I wonder how many habits I have that annoy other people? I tend to notice those that peeve me in others a whole lot more than the ones I might do. Therefore, I set out to try and understand the behaviors that end up being the most peevy, if you get my drift. It really does turn out to be one of those in the eye of the beholder deals but many that report their top 10 list do have common themes. Old drivers. That's right folks. I am 66 but may I just tell you there are some older folks that I dearly love but trying to drive around them when they are in their car is not only frustrating, but it is also very dangerous for them and for others. Those who text while driving. I am out and about quite often on the roadways here and there around our freeway saturated environment. Do you know that there is typically at least one near miss per trip where a person drifts over into my lane or nearly hits me because they have their smart phone in the middle of the steering wheel trying to respond to a text? Nearly every trip folks, at least one near miss. That's scary. Very.

Those are the dangerous ones. Bad behavior surrounds us these days. Foul language openly spouted is now common whether you are at the grocery store or filling your gas tank. Common. That bothers me. Folks who show no respect for others is another one that gets my goat. Facebook has been great to have a way of keeping up with family and friends. However, there are some that throw trash out on the Facebook roads. We all are somewhat hypocritical, given certain situations that impact ourselves, however, some folks just tend to drown in it as they spew their condemnations but never see their obvious flaws. I'm thinking about folks who espouse how they would pretty much like to see the government shut down even though they or their kin actually have jobs working for the government. Or those who scream about welfare and other benefits, yet, they are typically off on paid sick leave more than they are at work. They may call themselves Tea Party patriots but their loud lamenting rings very hollow to me. Yes, that kind of stuff peeves me. I could move on to how people behave at Walmart but that's a category in and of itself, and, others have produced many videos and comedy sketches based on that genre. I won't add to that other than this one from last week. A lady was looking for what I hope was her child or grandchild. She was going up and down the aisles hollering loudly, "Booger! Booger! Where are you?" That should do it for today. May we all have a day filled up with less stuff that aggravate or maybe, just maybe, we can learn to overlook much of what bothers us. I, for one, could use a little of that. Amen.     ....More later.

No comments: