Friday, August 3, 2012

Singing the Friday Is Here song.

I tried to find us a song to celebrate Friday. There is one out there called Friday On My Mind by the Easybeats, an Australian rock band from the early 1960's. I tried to grasp the meaning of the lyrics but never could get comfortable with sharing any of them. I can't recall having any issues in understanding Gentle On My Mind by Glen Campbell. Therefore, we will have to just go with the Friday Is Here song. Never heard of it? Me either but I'm sure we could come up with some thoughts if we tried. I'll get back to you if any good ones land in my lap. It is Friday, August 3, 2012, and I'm here on the front lines of my life pretty much just like you are with yours. I am not a huge discount shopper person except on the internet. However, I was made aware of a special deal on Community Coffee being run at HEB. I did some calculations and with the coupon it came out to 34 cents per ounce. Now that my friend is an outstanding value. I made a trip there to complete this acquisition. My plan was to buy all the In-between Roast they had. I found it along with the coupons. In reading the coupon it wasn't clear to me if you could buy more than one so I asked a uniformed fellow who was busy building a display. He said it was only one bag per customer or visit. I was let down but when I checked out I asked a manager who was standing by. He said I could buy all of them I wanted just as long as I had a coupon for each bag. I was already checked out. I didn't have time to go back and correct the error and I thought maybe I would come back later. I never did and I'm still steamed about it. I typically buy 160 ounces at a time so I lost about $11 on that deal. And, that just goes to show you. Coupon clipping is not for me and to tell you the truth, the 41 cents per ounce Community tastes just fine. But, just for the record, HEB is not MY HEB as they like to say in their commercials.

You do know that little story was shared mostly for its humorous content. Mostly. We never knew about Don't Mess with Texas where I grew up, but I do think that Don't Mess with My Community would have been well recognized. I did read about the fellow who had been in a coma for several years and when he woke up his very first words was to ask for his coffee. Maybe that's where that saying, "Wake up and smell the coffee." came from. At least he had his priorities straight. I'm not so hooked that I've reached the point where I think sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation. Contrary to what you might have heard, the doctor has not informed me that my blood is hard to evaluate because of coffee saturation. And it was not me that was quoted as saying, "The concession stand at the circus had excellent coffee, it was the greatest Joe on earth." I suppose when it comes to coffee the best advice is to take everything in moderation, including moderation. Therefore, I think I'll have another cup of that 41 cent brew and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Okay. Another end to another week of slinging words out there for all to see. My mind is already whirring on that Friday Is Here song. That is, if it whirs anymore. That sound may only be some age related static but I will try to come up with something. Meanwhile, you can work among yourselves on your own set of personalized lyrics. I do hope you will have a wonderful day, Saturday, and Lord's Day Sunday. For my Sunday morning Bible Study, I am teaching a summer series on the ten most frequently searched and accessed chapters in the Bible as reported on the internet. It has been interesting to do a verse by verse presentation of these wonderful passages from God's Word. Number 10 was Acts Chapter 1. Number 9 was James Chapter 1. Number 8 was Romans Chapter 1. This week we will study from the Number 7th most frequently searched Chapter, John Chapter 3. One of the things we have tried to do is to understand why folks would land in these chapters so often. It has been both rewarding and challenging. And, as always, you can never go wrong when you are reading God's Book. Amen. Lord willing I will see you next time.               .......More later.

No comments: