Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Heloise was busy today so I thought I would share some hints.

Hello and welcome. Today is Wednesday, August 15, 2012. I've had some of that coffee that comes from the cartridges brewed up in one of those expensive machines. Not bad at all. One cup at a time. I determined to have me something like that but there's no way I would spring for that kind of expense. I found me a little one cup brew type electric for $15. It has a little reusable brew basket and you put in water and some Community and bam!.... within a couple of minutes you have a cup of hot, strong, and piping fresh coffee. It even came with the coffee mug. I had to buy 2 of them to get free shipping. You know. One for the office and one for home. Need a real jolt? Put in half the water and a loaded up portion of the good stuff and that will give you everything and more than that so called 5 hours of energy stuff in that little bitty bottle. But what about the convenience? That is a consideration. In that big expensive model, you just keep it loaded with water and pop in a cartridge any time you want a cup. You do have to add water occasionally and you do have to remove the cartridge after brewing. My solution requires that you empty that little basket, pour in some water, and add fresh coffee. Some estimate the cost of that big machine, very convenient approach, to be nearly $50 a pound when calculated out. I'll go with the cheaper alternative and enjoy the fact that I can make it any way I want to, individualized, by the cup, no less. Thank you very much!

I can hear some of you now. That man and his coffee. It could be an obsession. I think not but it does happen to be something I enjoy and it also gives me something I can drone on and on about. You noticed? Thanks for keeping up. What's that? If only I was paid by the word. Now you are talking or rather, now I am talking. But, it is all in fun and I do hope you take it that way. You know I really don't take it that seriously. However, the other day I heard a fellow talking about his coffee drinking habit and he said he drank whatever the wife brought into the house and the label didn't really matter because it was whatever she could find that was on sale. I had to get hold of myself. I couldn't remember that thing I was taught as a kid. You know, count so many numbers before you explode. My neck immediately went into spasms and I could feel my blood pressure surge. Joking only. I make some Community for my Bible study class each Sunday. A fellow in the class has one of those electrified scooters to get around. He said last Sunday that he had told his wife that when he died he wouldn't need to be embalmed. He said all he would need was one cup of my coffee and to just sit him up in the scooter and he would drive himself. See? My coffee does make a difference in people's lives! I told you!

Brady Darrell......Enough Said!
Our brother in law's passing was a great testimony to just how many people he had met, and how many he had influenced in his time here. Some 600 names were on the book for the viewing and considering families, most likely easily over a thousand came to pay their respects. It was a celebratory atmosphere with much laughter and children everywhere. My wife has been with her sister for several weeks and it was my privilege to travel to be there along with our three sons, Chris, Jimmy, and Rodney. We stayed with mom and dad. Rodney had his little clone with him, Brady Darrell, 6 years old. Mom and dad were perfect hosts. They also came to the viewing and to the home going celebration service. I'm so thankful for my parents and that is what I call being blessed. Little Brady is his daddy's boy. In no time he was here, there, and everywhere working the crowd. Rodney didn't know how he would respond but for those who were around Rodney when he was a little guy, they got it. Those genes are obviously very strong. Sadness. Of course. But, mixed with a tremendous sense of family, community (and Community also), rejoicing, and thankfulness to God. In my way of looking at it, it was not a bad way to say farewell for now. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: