Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Many things in life are so unpredictable, but God is always the same, yesterday, today, and forever!

Good morning folks, it is Tuesday, August 24, 2010, and as most of you know, spending time at the hospital ICU waiting area does seem to get one a little out of sync. My brother Donald is still about the same. The doctors are trying not to give any false hope and while there are always times when people do respond in an unexpected and positive manner, he does face a steep uphill battle. Currently he is being assisted by the best machinery that medical science can provide. He is receiving excellent care and we will know more in the next couple of days about his ability to mount any kind of recovery from this attack. My mom and dad came over yesterday. Moms are moms from one to 99, and it was a very difficult but sweet time as my mom was able to see her baby boy for the first time since this attack took place. Mom has seen far too many of these types of bedside vigils but God has always given her strength and she continues to hold on to His unchanging hand, as well as reminding others that He is the only one who can help us in times like these. ICU places are places for tears. A place where memories flood into conversations. A place where families reconnect, share, and come to support each other and yes, often, to cry together. A place where stories are told and laughter can be heard as folks remember better times from the past. It's also a place where God visits, comforts, and brings a sense of His abiding care and love.

So many have responded with expressions of their caring and prayers for our family. Thanks to each one. We greatly appreciate it and know that God is still God, and we are seeking His will, not ours, as we continue this journey He has given to us. I will tell you I heard a book full of stories as I sat there for over 8 hours yesterday. Many of them were just flat out funny. Whether I will remember any of them or not remains to be seen and perhaps some of them might one day occupy space here on my blog, but one thing is sure, folks, this life is short for us all, and we would all do well to do our best each day to serve God faithfully, and to spread some joy and smiles as we go on our way. Thanks again for your prayers and I am closing with the words of a song I haven't heard in a coon's age, however long that is,....... "I need the prayers of those I love while traveling o'er life's rugged way - That I may true and faithful be and live for Jesus ever day - I want my friends to pray for me to bear my tempted soul above - And intercede with God for me, I need the prayers of those I love." Have a blessed Tuesday and may God bless each one. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: