Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy 12th Birthday to our twin granddaughters, Alesha and Amanda!

It's Friday, August 6, 2010, and time waits for no one but we all do our best to soldier on. I've always liked that 'soldier on' phraseology and I was looking for a good place to slip it in. I have been busier than a room full of rocking chairs chasing a long-tailed cat. I changed that one up a bit just to keep you on your toes. This busy stuff is okay but there are days when I leave knowing it might well be better suited to a younger dude. I know. I'm still trying to kick the 'dude' deal but since I don't know where or how it started, it has been rather difficult to deal with. You know that old adage, new habits are hard to break. Okay. So I turned that one around also. What's up with me today? I seem to be doing everything backwards. But back to the busy stuff. I can well remember where I thought too much on my plate was a cake walk. Plates and cakes, now I've kicked in the food factor and it's causing my focus to blur a little. At any rate, running in all directions at the same time inside a pressure cooker environment is slightly more difficult than it used to be. Don't ever think I'm not up to it but the end results are tangible as I fall into bed at night. But as Paw Paw Mac used to say, "Stay at it all day and you will not have trouble sleeping." The sleeping part I like, the staying at it all day is where I'm having some challenges. But, given the situation in our country today, I am so very thankful to be able to have a place to go every day, and make a contribution, and see productive things accomplished. This is a blessing.

Today is our twin granddaughter's birthday. They are now 12 years young. These two girls have been bringing joy to their MiMi and Poppy for their entire lives. They are twins but you would never recognize it by being around them. Alesha is blond. Amanda is brunette. Alesha is thin. Amanda is not. Alesha has her interests. Amanda has hers and while they share some, both move pretty much in different circles. One thing they have in common is in being just what you would expect pre-teens to be. They love coming to our house and we love having them come. Amanda likes to sit in the recliner and watch reruns of ICarly for the 100th time. Alesha watches the same program while doing cart wheels on the rug. They both enjoy singing in the school choir as well as at Church. They both are beginning to comment on that subject that Poppy dreads hearing about: BOYS. God has been good to provide us the opportunity to have these lovely girls in our lives. They are special. They are our grand kids and we thank God for them. I say a special happy birthday to them along with sending a pray that God will bless and keep you both. Enjoy your very special day, Alesha (eldest by a few minutes), and Amanda! Love, MiMi and Poppy.

Watching our children's children grow older and watching our Chris smother with adoration his little granddaughter, our great and grand bundle of Madelyn Joy, reminds us of how time slips away. Chris also reminds me of another fellow I remember who smothered with love his first grandchild. Her name is Tiffany, mother of our bundle of Madelyn Joy, and I was that fellow. Life does have many mirrors that reflect back images that will always be special to us. My wife tells me that I must feel odd or maybe even a little jealous over how Madelyn Joy is so attached to her grandfather and not so keen on her great grand. She says this because she knows how much I love the little ones. But I really don't have a problem with any of it because this is not only how it was with me, it's the way it should be. The cycle continues and God has blessed us with a huge and beautiful variety of some of the most lovely grand children anyone could hope for. We are thankful for each one and we pray for them all, everyone of them, by name, every single day, along with their parents. These children are our heritage and we seek to influence them in a way that will cause them to look up to their heavenly Father who loves them perfectly. I do hope you have a great Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. Know that somewhere in that fuzzy gray matter inside my head I will be stirring up something for our next time together. Until then, may God bless each one. Amen. .......More later.

No comments: