Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy Birthday Son!

Another howdy howdy from here at the ole blogger ranch to all you guys and gals who showed up for today's session. It is Thursday, April 30, 2015, and on this day we are celebrating our middle son Jimmy's birthday. Born forty-seven years ago today, we thank God for him and his family: his wife Kim, and his kiddos, Jimmy Jr., the twins, Alesha and Amanda, and Alexander Benjamin, (Alex). Jimmy's life has not been easy. It has been plagued with a variety of obstacles and nearly every single day is a challenge for him, but somehow and in someway, God has helped him make it. We thank God for that. One thing he can be sure of: We always seek God's best for him and we wish him a most wonderful birthday. Love, mom and dad.

Here are a few mildly humorous tweets. If you don't know what a tweet is, don't worry about it. Just read them and enjoy. ~ I can see London. I can see France. I'm looking at a map of Europe. ~ I don't like people who can't laugh at themselves. It makes more work for me. ~ I didn't want to grow up. I just wanted to be able to reach the cookies. ~ The sign says open, yet the parking lot is empty. You'd think the physic would only come in when they know they will have customers. ~ Ziploc's idea of a sandwich size is certainly different than mine. ~ Spent 15 minutes looking for my phone only to find that I was using it as a flashlight. ~ Today I'm going to entertain the kids with a game of duct duct tape. ~ I finally got my computer to connect to a wireless printer. I wish I knew which house the printer was in. ~ Not a good day. My kids just introduced themselves as "Let's go." and "We're late." ~ Pirate announces: "Prepare to be bored." Ship Captain: "Don't you mean boarded?" Pirate then opens his stamp collection. ~

Go back and check it for yourself. I did use the word mildly and I do recognize that was being very generous in terms of how funny these particular tweets are. Think about it this way. If you got even one little chuckle, that was one more than you had before you read them. Let's face it. There are some days where there's just not that much to laugh about. You are correct. I do deal mostly in low hanging fruit. That's just the way I roll. While I may not be that good at it, I am at heart a storyteller. Or, at least that's what I do a lot of. You can tell? One of my concerns in continuing our daily visits was that I would become so repetitive that on nearly every day I would end up essentially rearranging the same stories. But if I let that bother me I probably would have quit a long time ago. I do try to keep it fresh and topical but that doesn't mean it will not be stale at times. Here's the way I see it. There's always tomorrow. Maybe it will be better. Maybe we all will learn something. That even gives me something to look forward to. Take care now. You hear? And, may God add His blessings to our day. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: