Monday, April 6, 2015

God is good all the time. All the time God is good. Amen.

Happy Birthday to our Tiffany!
Good morning and welcome back. To you and to me. It's Monday, April 6, 2015, and we are currently feeling cautiously optimistic about the wife's recovery and progress. We do believe the surgical procedure is finally doing what it was originally intended to do. However, because of having to undergo it, essentially, twice, well, the soreness more or less makes it difficult to make a final decision on where we are. But, at the very least, she is much better, and is able to take in nourishment. And, we are thankful to God for this report. Yesterday she was able to ride for a little journey over to our eldest son's home to celebrate the 27th birthday of their first child who just happens to be our first grandchild. We thank God for our Tiffany Marrie and pray that He will lead, guide, and direct her as she continues her journey here. Her daughter, our great grand Madelyn Joy, she is such a little character, and we had a wonderful day of feasting and fellowship with family. We left our local fellowship after a most stirring Resurrection Day service and thoroughly enjoyed the entire day. Our son and our daughter-in-law outdid themselves on the food. Talk about good! Talk about a blood sugar meter laying on its side! You do know I'm kidding. Right?

The wife has really been through the wringer lately and when she is under the gun it does impact me as well. I'm likely a little more discombobulated than usual, if that's possible. I haven't read or heard all the details regarding the President's deal with Iran, however, he always has a particular way of defending his projects. His main point always seems to be that any deal is better than no deal. Since we don't know all the details, it's impossible to know just what this 'any' deal's impact might have on world stability and especially what it means for the nation of Israel. We do know that many people are very concerned about whatever it was that was agreed to. That might not be an unwarranted concern. We well remember a particular healthcare overhaul bill that we were told needed to be passed to find out what was in it. I'm not sure this is what we need when we are talking about the future, of our nation, and of our world. (That's just a throw down, drive by response I've kind of caught on the fly. Maybe I will have more later. What? You feel quite confident that I will? Good.)

We really cannot overstate our love and appreciation to all who have stood by us during these past weeks that challenged the wife's health and well being. Cards, calls, visits, flowers, offers of service, texts, and prayers galore, they all have humbled us to know that so many care. We give God the glory because His provision has been sent to us through these expressions of caring and support. The Apostle Paul often said he gave thanks to God when remembering folks who supported him and his ministry. We can understand that sentiment. Thanks so much. I will be doing my best to get myself back to my definition of 'normal'. I couldn't agree with you more. I would not wish my definition of normal on anyone else. After all, each one has their own. Isn't that how it works? If not, it's a little late for me to do much about it. May God bless each one. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: