Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy 91st Birthday to My Mommy!

Hello and welcome to one and all. Today is Friday, May 1, 2015, and this coming Sunday on the 3rd my mom will celebrate the 91st year of her sojourn on the planet. I always preface my plans with a Lord willing because that's the truth. Therefore, Lord willing, I will be up early in the morning to journey over to visit with mom and dad in honor of this occasion. I know that everyone pretty much knows that I love and appreciate my mom. I've attempted over time to explain what a remarkable woman she is. There's not too much in the way of challenges in this life that she has not dealt with at one time or another. She is a tireless and faithful prayer warrior on behalf of her family which includes an ever expanding clan. I do not take for granted the blessed privilege I have in being able to talk to her every day. It is indeed a blessing from the Lord. Happy Birthday Mom from your son and daughter.

Lord willing. You do know that I didn't make that up. Right? The earliest text of the New Testament was the inspired word from James, the son of Mary and Joseph, half brother to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. His writing is very practical. Here's what he had to say: "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit'; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.' But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil." (Chapter 4, Verses 13-16) In a part of what many believe to be the greatest sermon ever recorded, The Sermon on The Mount, Jesus talked about trusting God with the unknowns in life: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (Matthew Chapter 6) Okay. I hope I've made my point about why we should live our life with a 'Lord  willing' perspective. Amen


I may not be able to go to Louisiana tomorrow but I've made arrangements to do so, Lord willing. Those verses certainly do not mean we are not to make plans or to be busy in carrying them out. It reminds us that God should be a part of every plan we make. You thought you heard music? No. I had not intended on giving an invitation or receiving an offering. Just sharing folks. Just sharing. I make no apologies for sharing life lessons through the lens of truth, God's Holy Word. I remember a person who was desperately needing some advice one time but they told me they didn't want any of that God and Bible stuff. That's a tough one. The wife and I used to sing a song that had this sentiment: "Jesus is right for whatever is wrong in your life." That my friend will always be the bottom line, period, end of story. Okay. Thanks so much for tuning in this week. I do hope you enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. I will do my best, Lord willing, to meet back up with you come next Monday morning. Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: