Friday, April 24, 2015

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." ~ Thomas Paine, (1739-1809), Pamphleteer, Patriot, Dreamer

Yes. That would be correct. It is Friday, April 24, 2015, and I am anxious to share some recent research with you. Sometimes I report and you decide but today I will just do the reporting. Finally. It has taken a long time but researchers finally know what causes the noise when we crack our knuckles. From where I sit all I can say is that it's about time. Through a series of special tests using magnetic resonance technology, it has been determined that the unmistakable sound is caused by a gas cavity that forms between the joints. This was thought to be the case but now they know for sure. Okay. I am a knuckle cracker. From way back. I was warned time and time again about everything from enlarged knuckles to arthritis if I didn't stop cracking them. Those and countless other threatened problems have been found to be untrue. They end up being in the old wives tales category. In fact, the researchers want to further explore how the gas cavity works because there may even be therapeutic benefits and treatments that can be used for those who do have arthritis and other ailments. See there. Another one bites the dust! The smell of vindication is so sweet on a Friday morning. Right? Good. And to celebrate I just finished doing a little medley of snap, crackle, and pop, on both hands. It was, after all, a special occasion. Thank you very much.

No. I am not gloating. I just love it when a plan comes together. Here's one that made me chuckle. ~ A carload of hunters drove up to an old farmhouse to ask if they could hunt on that man's property. An older gentleman came out and after hearing the request he granted his permission. He also asked a favor. He told the hunter that he had a twenty year old donkey that was in very poor health and it needed to be put down but he just didn't have the heart to do it. He asked if the hunter would do it for him. The hunter told him he would. On his way back to the car he thought he would play a trick on his buddies. He got into the car and told them the old man rudely said they couldn't hunt on his property. He then drove up to where the donkey was standing and stuck his gun out the window shot and killed the donkey and shouted, "That will show him!" Before he knew what was happening he heard another shot and when he turned one of his buddies called out, "I got the cow!" ~ 

Another work week will soon be in the books as we anticipate our Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. After all the hoopla over the wife's birthday with cards, texts, calls, gifts, and so many Facebook greetings, I feel like I'm married to a celebrity. She has touched the lives of a whole lot of folks. Right now she is still struggling some from her surgery but they tell her they believe it will all be better in time. We are coming up on two months so that 'more time' answer is getting a little old, but, we are praying and trusting the Lord to see us through. I will be so happy for her when she is able to get back to her energetic and bubbly self. I do hope that you and yours will enjoy your upcoming weekend and that we all will find ourselves thinking about all that we have to be thankful for. On my wife's birthday I spent about twenty minutes talking about her to the Lord. That caused me to rehearse all the blessings He has placed into my life and our family and into the lives of others through her. I can't remember the last time I spent that much prayer time devoted to one person but I can tell you this: it was time well spent. Amen.  See you next time.   ....More later.

No comments: