Friday, April 3, 2015

The song according to my baby sister Kayla: "Because He lives, I can face TODAY!"

Good Friday morning on this Good Friday, April 3, 2015. As many of you know, my baby sister went on to her reward after a two year battle with leukemia, at age 27, back in 1979. Her facing of each day was enveloped in the hope that God had placed in her heart. That hope was grounded in the truths we celebrate during this Resurrection season, and it has its foundation in the coming into our world of a Child, born of a virgin, who lived a sinless life, who proved His identity as the Son of God and God the Son. It was He who came to give His life for her sins, my sins, your sins, and for the sins of the world. He was crucified. He was pronounced dead and placed in a tomb. But that was not the end, my friend, because He came up from the grave and arose. He ascended back into the heavens and is now at the right hand of the Father where He ever lives to make intercession on behalf of those who are His very own. Regardless of what people say, there's not many ways to get to heaven. Only one. If you sense God's calling, I implore you to answer that call by turning away from yourself and your sins in repentance, and by simply calling out to Him to save you. According to His word, He will do just that and this very truth was the basis for my baby sister's hope, and that is why we celebrate this sacred remembrance of His victory on our behalf. Amen, Amen, and again I say, Amen!

I am so very happy to also announce that we are back on the road again. The road to recovery with the wife. She came through the surgery with flying colors and now we anticipate a good result as she regains her strength and stamina. She has lost a considerable amount of weight. Some she was happy about. We passed that mark some time ago. The other became a source of concern. However, we have confidence that we are not starting over but rather, picking up with her recovery. The complications from the surgery had nothing to do with the Hiatal Hernia they repaired. That was never in question. It was all about this work done to tighten the esophagus. Whatever, it has been a protracted drain on my sweet wife. She may have had three or four reasonable days out of the past month. In fact, when I count the distress she was in before the surgery, well, she has been under the gun for an extended period. But, now we have a new recovery and a new hope that we are on the right track. Your prayers have helped and we will be forever grateful to our God and to all His people for the support we have received. I will keep you posted.

A month ago you would have needed a super fast camera just to keep up with the wife and her activities. She was a blur. Most of it was ministry to others related. She did, in fact, go from that to zero, and we never expected it to be that way. I've done my best to see after her while also doing what I could to handle the job I've been blessed with. It is good to work for a brother in Christ who has been generous in allowing me the flexibility to take care of my wife. That is a blessing folks. A blessing indeed. I'm thankful for our children and their support. I'm so thankful that we do have a local Church family who have been beside us all the way. I think about my mom and dad, my brothers and sisters, and their families, and how they have been driven to their knees on our behalf. Okay. Yes. I am also thankful for so many who have expressed concern about me. I don't even like to think about me being in need compared to her, but, others have felt compelled to carry my name to God's throne of grace, and I do appreciate it so very much. Now, we move on. Next week will be a new week. The wife's sister will be here to help her recover. Let me tell you, she is always cheered when her 18 month older twin is near her. That's an inside joke but most of you know it. Remember to remember Him, His coming into our world back then, His death, His burial, His Resurrection, and lest I forget, His soon coming back again, to fetch us who are His own! Hallelujah! Amen. See you next time.   ...More later.

No comments: