Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"Since the Son of God has died for me, then the least I can do is live for Him." (copied)

Good morning and welcome to the final edition for the month of March, on this Tuesday, the 31st day in the year of 2015. I know the old saying has something to do with March being like a lion and a lamb. But, whatever it did or didn't do, we end the month today and move forward. This week is an important week for those who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We remember His final week here on earth as He made His way to the cross, the grave, and to His glorious resurrection. This past Sunday we recognized it as Palm Sunday as it commemorated His triumphant entry into Jerusalem. In my class we read about this event from all four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. We saw how His presenting of Himself as Messiah and Israel's King on that day was a direct fulfillment in specific detail of Old Testament prophecies, especially the one given by Zechariah: "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey." (That's pretty remarkable if you ask me. You can read it in Zechariah's writing Chapter 9, Verse 9, written nearly 600 years before its fulfillment.)

These truths reflect our hope. We need hope living in the world we live in today. God and His provision has been the only hope for people since the world came into existence, but, it is the ever present reality of 'our' time here that we experience each and every day. Following the current administration's explanation of world events, domestic issues, and any and all questions about their performance in office yields some pretty amazing constructs. Here's what I have gleaned: Up is down, Black is white, Two plus two equals whatever they want it to be, obvious outright failures are actually tremendous successes, and it goes on and on. While the mainstream press spends endless hours explaining how they are not biased, meanwhile, their reporting on these stark absurdities comes off like the proverbial lemmings following each other off the cliff. Sadly, they still wield influence over a majority of our population, who, given the seriousness of the quagmire we find ourselves in, end up following the mainstream lead by shrugging it all off. I told you I had an observational viewpoint and now you have it too. Thanks for allowing me this venting time out.


I am familiar with the punchline: Tell us what you really think. How bad is the situation involving public understanding of what's really happening? I saw a national poll last week that indicated the pop singer Taylor Swift was noted as the woman selected as the most trustworthy female leader. Really? I have nothing at all against this young woman, but, does this tell us something or not? I don't rest my case, but, it does give us all something to think about. I do realize that I can easily become that caricature old man screaming at the kids to get off my lawn. That's certainly not my desire. I do appreciate the fact that I view things from a different perspective while at the same time whatever the facts are, without regard to what we are told, those facts are true for us all, no matter what our age might be. It's like the truths found in God's Word. They are challenged everyday. They are ridiculed. They are attacked. They are neglected. And, they are rejected. All I can say is this: That doesn't change one iota their veracity and the reality of their impact on this life and the one that will follow. I think I've sufficiently moved my blood pressure up a notch or two, therefore, I will say so long for now along with a prayer for us all and for our nation. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: