Friday, March 27, 2015

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play." ~ Heraclitus, Philosopher, (535BC - 475BC)

Hello folks and welcome. Yesterday marked three weeks from the wife's initial surgery. She is still dealing with a fair amount of discomfort but we are thankful for the progress she is making. It is Friday, March 27, 2015, and it is good that we have this forum for a time of fellowship and visiting. I wanted to explain why I changed the font for those who receive my blog each day by email. I enlarged it for some who have trouble reading the smaller print. I know it can be a little awkward to navigate but that's the reason I changed it. I thought I might invent a new abbreviation: JSYK (Just So You Know). However, I Googled it and found that it's already established and in common use. The story of my life. I am good at inventing things that already exist. I worked with some people one time that owned a number of patents for oil field related products. I've seen them come up with an idea, build a prototype, and be all excited with high fives all around. However, when they did a search of the US patent database they found several products that were very similar to their brand new idea. This meant changing their device materially if they were to be able to be granted a patent. Let me give it a shot: IWTLYKJICYMI, I wanted to let you know just in case you missed it. I Googled that little buddy and it said it didn't match any documents. The next time you see that one in use you will know who came up with it.

It reminds me of when I was a kid and my buddies and I would try to come up with a coded messaging system. We first had to come up with an alphabet and then we would attempt to pass notes written in this unbreakable code. Some of the guys I hung out with had very poor handwriting. Therefore, they already had an unbreakable code. At any rate, the code was good for playing cowboys and Indians or other types of war games. We didn't have any computers or computer games, therefore the games we played had to be played outside. You know, with whatever weaponry we could locate. I've told you before about using the dried out striped watermelon rind as a helmet. Natural camouflage. The problem with that is the flies didn't always know that it was completely dried out. We always knew it was going to be a good day if we happened upon a stick that really looked like a gun. Don't get me wrong. Some of the kids did have toys that were realistic. But, not enough for everyone. Sounds too violent to you? Really? Here's something you can do: Grab hold of one of those little handheld jobs and see what kind of war games our little ones are playing today. The only blood and guts we could come up with was to fake it. Check it out. Oh yeah. One more thing: We had fun!

This has been some week. But when I think about it, most of them are. One evening after a very long and protracted day I went to bed early. The wife said I never moved, all night long. She had trouble sleeping because she didn't know if I was okay. No moving. No snoring. No nothing. That's what you call t-i-r-e-d tired folks. But, I'm thankful that God gave me that good night's sleep, that is, if I could remember anything about it. Some keep telling me it's the added stress from concern for the wife. Maybe. I do know that I will be glad when she is back to her 100% bubbly self. And, with God's help, she will get there. I notice that hand up in the back. Could you speak up please? You wonder why no politics this week? Good question and I'm glad you asked. You will not be surprised to know that I will have much more to share later in response to your very good and well timed question. The theme will be 'Can things really get worse?' Sorry. But what I see is what you get when you tune in to The View From Here. Until then, enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday, and Lord willing I'll see you come next Monday morning. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: