Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy Birthday Kyleigh from your MiMi and Poppy!

Okay. It is Monday, March 16, 2014, and I am sending out a greeting today to our granddaughter Kyleigh. It's her birthday! She is the eldest daughter of our youngest Rodney and wife Mitzi. She is a college student and a wonderfully talented young woman. We thank God for Kyleigh and send our love and best wishes for a most wonderful birthday. Love, mimi and poppy.
                                 ******************

The wife had a little set back over the weekend with some serious vomiting. She became dehydrated so we spent 6 hours in the ER yesterday, but we are back home and restarting the program. I am staying with her today and I know she appreciates everyone's concern and prayers.

Now for today's edition which should have been published last Friday but because of a major malfunction, (a disconnected signal between the brain and the operator), we now have Friday's today and hopefully things will be better next time. Interested in what should have been seen today? Sorry. You will have to go back to Friday to catch that one. Confusing? Me too.

Sorry. While it is technically TGIF, it's also the 13th. Friday, March 13, 2015 to be exact. I get a little confused with these supposed special dreaded days. (This makes the second Friday the 13th this year and one more comes up in November.)  It's been somewhat overcast here, therefore, I don't think I saw my shadow this morning, if that helps. (Too early, and still dark, with the time change and all of that.) I think at times I am a researcher at heart. Over the past couple of years I've been hearing this question 'What does the fox say?' Recently a mom on Facebook talked about how that her boys had taught their baby sister to sing this question. Okay. Enough already. I did some checking around and found out it comes from a song. I found the song on YouTube. It talks about all the animals and the sounds they make but they have trouble coming up with the sound the fox makes. They use the lyrics to guess at a number of different sounds that might be made by the he or she said fox. The song itself is rather silly (to me) but it became a viral hit. You know me. I did some further study and found an actual recording cataloged by Cornell University. It recorded the sounds of some real red foxes. It was recorded on June 23, 1966 in Ontario, Canada. Now, if and when someone asks me if I know what the fox says I will do my best to impersonate those yelping sounds I heard. According to the researchers they thought the closest lyric in the song to the recorded sound was: "Jhacha-chacha-chacha-chow" They have the letters behind their names, so who am I to question their interpretation. What? Do I have any idea what those sounds actually mean? Maybe it's 'Come home, come home, it's suppertime.' I don't have a clue! You people are never satisfied. Right? Bob Dylan, the singer, is quoted as having said one shouldn't criticize that which they can't understand. I probably should add that to my list. I'll think about it.

Our Rodney and his crew.
I see lots of activities in motion as families work on their Spring Break plans. In our state, Spring Break is different weeks depending on the location and school district. Our youngest son and his family left on Thursday, the 5th, for a week at a resort area in Mexico. Based on their photos and their postings, they had themselves a wonderful time. That got me to thinking. Growing up, I suppose we had an Easter break but I don't remember it being a time where folks planned trips and stuff like that. At the same time I don't necessarily think we missed out on anything. It wasn't on our radar screen. And since we didn't have any plans, therefore, we did whatever it is we did, and it was likely very enjoyable. I can't come up with any deprivations that may account for the way I turned out. You know. We all are programmed to try and find something or someone to blame for any outcome we might not be pleased with. Sorry. I come away from my childhood thinking how blessed I was to be brought up in a Christian home and how that I was always well fed, clothed, and loved. I also made my own fun. Believe me, I could usually find things to occupy my time. Those would have been things of my own choice and my own doing and I think that will be about all I should say about that. (Many of those recollections are best left in the proverbial Al Gore lock box!)

Another work week has come and soon it will be gone. I've enjoyed spending time with those who read my stuff each day. We will officially finish the week tomorrow, Saturday, the last calendar day of the week. I hope you will enjoy it. Then, Lord willing, we get to start a brand new week. That's called Sunday. I like to tag it as Lord's Day Sunday since that's when we traditionally meet with other like minded believers to worship the Lord, study His word, and to build each other up in the faith. Since that is the first day of the week, I think getting it kicked off by showing honor to the Lord is not a bad way to go. Yeah I know. I say that a lot. It's like a broken record, so to speak. I'm in good company. Here's what the Apostle Paul said to the local assembly of believers meeting in Philippi, Greece: "Therefore, my brethren, rejoice in Our Lord; it is not tedious to me as I write these same things to you, because they protect you." (Philippians 3:1) Some things are worth repeating. I think you know exactly what I am talking about. Have a great one, be safe, and know that God is our strength as we continue our journey here. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: