Monday, March 9, 2015

No need to fear, it's only little old me.

Good morning and welcome back, to me, you, and to the any and all that happen to drop by. It is Monday, March 9, 2015, and I am sitting here at my workstation after having been gone for four days. I can tell my little computer missed me. I'm not sure how but it just seems like it did. The wife is doing well. She fought an allergic reaction to the anesthesia for the first three days but that is much better now. We thank God for her progress and for everyone who has prayed for her. She sure does have a lot of folks who love her and I suppose she does exemplify the Bible verse that says if someone is to have friends then they themselves have to be friendly. (Proverbs 18:24) She has been behaving herself and following the strict dietary rules set forth by her doctor. I did notice one thing at the hospital. They are now being run by children. I never saw so many kids doing different things. What's that? They are not that young but I am just getting older? Oh, now I get it. And, thanks so much for reminding me. Do join us in expressing our gratitude to our Great God for His provisions. Amen.

Today we are having ourselves a saturated rain event in these parts. We are under a flood watch and there are indications all around that some localized flooding could occur. I always try to think about the summer months when we are all breathlessly anticipating some rain as we deal with things like today where the water is literally standing all around. I know. You cannot store up the rain water for later months but it is still refreshing to know that our ground is being nourished, you know, in an inundating sort of way. I've pretty much been tuned out for the last several days of hibernating at the house with our patient. Driving in to work this morning listening to the news made it pretty clear that things are pretty much the same, chaos, chaos, and more chaos. Here, there, and everywhere. That's why we all need to find somewhere other than this world for our confidence. My belief is that we must trust in Someone, the Lord our God, because I'm not sure this old world is on its way to getting any better. Not being negative just giving you the facts as I see them.

Okay. It may take me a day or two to get back into the flow. I've actually had some requests that I please not suspend my blogging activities as I approach the 2000th episode this week. Thanks to those who find something of interest in my sharing. We will see how it goes. But, first things first. We have today and as for me and my house, we have much to be thankful for. I do hope we all will spend some time thinking about our blessings that God has provided and allowed us to enjoy. Have a great Monday and may God direct our way as we seek Him and His leadership today. Amen.

No comments: