Monday, January 12, 2015

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that." Bill Shankly, 1913-1961, Scottish footballer and manager

Don't be alarmed. It is only me. I'm back once again at the old keyboard seeing if I can come up with a tune or two for today's visit. It is Monday, January 12, 2015, and I have been very much in a thankful mood this morning because I just happen to feel some better. Having the congestion stuff kind of messes up just about everything including the taste buds. I can handle that okay but when it makes my coffee less than all it can be, to me, well, now you've done gone and made me angry. I don't order in major shipments of Community so that it can give me some kind of flat and metallic taste. But, alas, I think that's better too, therefore, rather than complain, I'm inclined to be thankful. Glad that it followed the Biblical pattern, "And, it came to pass...". Mark Lowry, the Christian singer and comedian always said that was his favorite thought from the Scriptures. At any rate, there are still folks all around coughing, sneezing, and wheezing here and there, so, I will continue to keep a low profile by staying to myself, and, enjoying a cup of Community to help get my day started. Hope you are well and may God continue to bless is my prayer. Amen.

The weekend was cold, wet, and nasty, but, it made a great time to lay up and watch the NFL playoffs. We had a wonderful Christmas party for our Bible Study class Friday evening. So much laughing. I went to that event. I went to our services Sunday morning and Sunday evening. Other than that, I was either up in my office or laid up like a bunch of dogs on the couch. For the most part, the games were intense and entertaining. The results? They are always in the eye of the beholder and when it comes to Cowboys fans, well, it was a really tough pill to swallow, especially with a controversial officiating call near the end. We have a lot of Cowboys fans in our neck of the woods and they are very loyal. Tonight we have the national college championship game and I don't really have a favorite but since I like the head coach at Ohio State, Urban Meyer, and I know some wonderful people who are big Ohio State fans, well, I will pull for them to win. I do know the Oregon team is tough but we will see. I will likely not miss my bedtime if the game is not decided before, but, that's just how I roll.

My wife remarked that I just can't help myself. She was observing me trying to help the players on the field of play through my grunting and leaning forward. And, it happens even though I didn't really feel strongly about the teams playing. I suppose it is a learned behavior, a competitive response on the part of a couch potato, or maybe even someone who gets caught up in whatever they happen to be watching. She commented that me trying to help most likely didn't help them gain much on the field but the way she was acting, her watching me was at least somewhat entertaining. To her. I started to say that I was glad to be of service but that might not be a clear representation of my feelings on the subject. All in all, again, I show up today with a thankful heart and look forward to making perhaps a little better time of it than I have enjoyed lately. Just so you know, I have to be careful how I talk about not feeling 100% because believe it or not, she has strong thoughts about that as well. Take care and enjoy your coffee and if it's not Community that's okay. It will give you something to put at the top of your bucket list. I know. I've said many times that I don't have one but I already enjoy the Community so I suppose that's a good start. Right? May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: