Monday, January 5, 2015

"Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another". George Eliot, (pen name used by Mary Ann Evans), 1819-1880, one of the leading writers during the Victorian age.

Hello everyone, it's a good day to be able to greet one and all, on this back to work Monday, January 5, 2015. As I sit at my workstation I will have to admit that I have felt better before, but I still try to practice my own preaching. That is, get up and go because you can always make adjustments later if needed. We feel blessed to have enjoyed such a wonderful holiday break and now it's time to reestablish our routine and get back to the daily work we are privileged to be involved in. Football has been the subject being discussed nearly everywhere we have landed over the past two weeks. It seems since the Southeastern Conference teams lost, well, most of the sports world are triumphant in their announcing the death of what many had called the football king. I rather doubt that it is dead nor that it is going away. But, I am happy for those who are excited about their particular favorites as the national college championship game nears. Then there are the NFL playoffs that has everyone buzzing here and there. I suppose for those of us who do not have a dog in the hunt, so to speak, we just get to sit back and observe as folks go crazy over phantom pass interference calls and stuff like that.

I love America. We are some kind of folks, but, I am thankful we are able to express ourselves in whatever way, or for whatever team, or for no team at all, and to be loud in representing whatever our particular interest might be. We were so blessed to be in service with our local family of believers yesterday. We have our immediate family that we love so much and then we have our brothers and sisters in Christ. It's hard to explain the love and connection we share with these men, women, boys, and girls that we are joined to based on our common faith in Christ. Talk about coming home! I have a lot of things on my mental 'to do' list but to be perfectly honest, my fetching device that talks to the mental facility, well, he's been under the weather a little lately, therefore, we will just kind of float along and hope for the best as we make up as we go. Have yourself a most wonderful and blessed first Monday of the brand spanking new year and I will occupy myself in trying to do the same thing. May God help us all. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: