Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Explanation of country saying: "Bless your heart." You may be nothing but an idiot but I care about you anyway.

Hello and welcome, and thanks for showing up today, on this Tuesday, January 13, 2015. You are a sight for sore eyes. Come on in and sit a spell. It's kind of a boring day and all we've had to occupy our time is watching the grass grow. I am proud as punch you showed up and I should be ready for the day since I typically go to bed with the chickens. I know. Sometimes I do come off like I'm a brick short of a full load. But I've learned to pay no attention since a guilty dog barks the loudest. I'm not saying I've got my act together since we all know that nearly every dog has a few ticks. I will try to avoid looking like a bump on the log in trying to communicate my thoughts today. Not to do so might just make me madder than a wet hen. Of course there are days when making sense out of my writing is about as scarce as hen's teeth but I'll do my best and, in the meantime, you try not to get your feathers all ruffled. Remember I really don't have an axe to grind but I do want to get on with it before I get slowed down by the hitch in my Giddyup. Okay already. I was just playing around a little with the common sayings that help make us country folk understandable. Just having myself a little bit of fun this morning here in my old stomping grounds.

Yes. I am fully aware that the gist of it makes very little sense but some days I have to go with whatever happens to bubble up to the surface. Don't dare me to find more sayings to fill up the page because where I grew up, the language, if that is what it could be called, was saturated with this type of common folk talk. I'm not altogether sure that I know what brain fog is all about but on some days I think I can do a pretty good impersonation of its characteristics. I did read an impassioned note on Facebook from a young lady back home bemoaning the falling price of oil. She must have been very plugged in to the economic factors that impact our world. Right? Not really. She was sad because her loved one was no longer able to have the great job he had previously had in the oilfield. She was further hurt because he had to move away to find work. She asked everyone to think about things like this when they were enjoying the cheaper gas. See what I mean? There's always many sides to the story.

Sometimes irony is not very funny at all. Yesterday the President was making a speech about how that we really need to crackdown on these cyber attacks. These are the infiltrations of our institutions, individuals, and companies by digital attackers. Within 30 minutes of his speech a group aligned with the Islamic terrorists hacked into the main command center of our military. They then proceeded to publish online the names of top generals along with their personal information. I suppose that was intended to make these people potential targets. We are living in a time whenever most of us are vulnerable to these intrusions. It is a good question. If our top military people cannot protect their own websites, then what in the world can folks like you and I do to protect ourselves? Some have done their best to opt out of the digital world altogether. That's a choice but the way stuff gets done, that choice is almost like going back to the stone age. This computer based internet run world is a challenge folks and all I can tell you is that we have to do the best we can to function in this environment while trying to provide as much protection of our personal information as we can. However, I am a realist and I can tell you that if someone smart enough wants to come after me, well, I'm not sure the protections I have in place will suffice. One thing is sure. Doing nothing to try and protect ourselves is not an option. Crazy world folks. Crazy indeed. The good news? God is on our side and He has our backs. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: