Friday, October 17, 2014

"Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday." ~ Napoleon Hill, American Author, (1883-1970)

The weather these past few days has been enjoyable in the extreme. Well, that may be a little more than necessary to say about it but not so far off the target if one adds the words comparatively speaking. That is, compared to the August temps and humidity acting like they wanted to hang around for Halloween, and they may well come back in time to do so, but for the last few days, some welcome moderation. We used to open everything up in the house when the cooler air came in but after discussing it we were reminded that we quit doing it when we discovered that it aggravated the wife's allergies. She did volunteer for us to move upstairs and open the windows if I wanted to but I didn't want to go to that much trouble. Decisions, decisions. Not very much in the way of importance but they do reflect how we roll on this Friday, October 17, 2014. Typically, by the time we come to a conclusion we are ready to move on to something new to decide on. I remember President George W referring to himself as the Decider in Chief. I think my wife would nominate me for the Procrastinator in Chief, but by the time we could agree for me to accept that as a name we would be moving on to being indecisive about the next decision we are working on. Confused yet? I'm trying. Give me some time. Meanwhile, I'll try to come up with a nomination of my own for her. I can't believe I said that but I know you know that it is a joke. More importantly, I sure hope she does also.

Regarding the blog I wrote yesterday about our new pastor. I wrote that blog Wednesday morning for publication on Thursday. I try to stay a day ahead, if possible. It keeps me from scrambling to throw something together. You what? You thought I mostly scrambled anyway? Good call. The reason I mention that is because Bro. Brian had not accepted our call when I wrote the blog. I'm not a Prophet nor am I a son of a Prophet, however, my heart continued to be encouraged that God was going to work this out. My head kept saying that I would likely have to scrap it because he could well not accept our call. Another Church had also issued a call. We had not heard anything after our contact on Sunday, therefore, I determined I would call him to at least get a status so that I could let our people know something Wednesday evening at our mid week service. It was 3:30 p.m. and I was driving down the road trying to think about what to say when I called. My cell phone rang. It was Bro. Brian. After he told me they believed God would have them to come and lead our fellowship I was elated. I then told him I had begun to wonder and thought maybe he had misplaced my telephone number. We laughed. It was a happy happy laugh. And, I didn't have to throw away that blog and I didn't have to scramble even if it looks like I did. God is good. Amen.

I'm not wanting to overkill how serious our search team took this responsibility of finding a candidate but it did weigh heavily on our hearts. How much? After the smoke cleared on Wednesday afternoon, my wife commented Thursday morning that she didn't think I had moved all night. She said I had slept about as hard as she had ever seen. I'm not apologetic about our search team feeling the weight of this responsibility because I know that our local fellowship of believers deserved our committed effort. Okay. Now it is on to new things. Oh yeah. Another lady called about us doing our Santa program. I mentioned to my mom that I am not as excited about it as I have been in times past. She seemed alarmed. She said I have to be excited for the kids' sake. I told her not to worry because I have a few weeks to get glad. And, I do know that when it comes time for the one on one, don't worry, I'll be ready to make memories for them, and for me. Y'all take care now, you hear? Have a great Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and we'll see what scrambles out come next Monday. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: