Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"The trouble with weather forecasting is that it’s right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it." ~ Patrick Young

Happy Anniversary to the most wonderful parents anyone could ever hope for. We thank God for them, their many contributions to our lives, and for their continuing testimony as they busy themselves each day in keeping on keeping on. These are special people and we say Happy Happy to them and we offer thanks and praise to God for His provision. Amen.

Labor Day snow for Alaska and Wyoming
Man is it ever cold here this morning. I had to knock the ice off the woodpile just to get the stove started. That crunch under my feet felt pretty good. The shivering. Not too bad. In fact, it feels refreshing. Sorry. That was just a brief daydream that I was having. I suppose it's because they are promising our first big cold front for the fall season hitting this upcoming weekend. I mean it is supposed to be down to 59° one night. Okay. I know I'm acting a little silly this morning but the mention of a cold front does that to me. I immediately checked my inventory of Community coffee just to be sure I have enough to keep me warm. My rough estimate is 288 single serve cups, therefore, I think I have it covered. Shouldn't I have something better to do in getting this Tuesday, September 9, 2014 off and running? That is such an excellent question and as soon as my hands warm up a little I'll try to respond. You know. The keyboard gets just a tad stiff when the temperatures fall. I did look at some photos of folks already getting some early winter previews up in Alaska and Wyoming. Here's a hopeful quote from the Farmer's Almanac's 2014 winter prediction: "Brrrrr! It looks like global warming will soon be taking a vacation to make room for Old Man Winter. This winter is shaping up to be a rough one, sweaters and snow shovels should be unpacked early and kept close by throughout the season."

I agree. I have probably spent way too much time thinking about cooler weather. Like so many other things, by the time you might be able to satisfy that itch, well, you might not be able to tolerate like you would have much earlier in life. It was like the time I ordered up all those streams and bubbling brook relaxation cd's. Think about it. I was in a high stress job and any relief would have been appreciated. So I hooked up a player and let those soothing sounds fill up my night time. It sure sounded like a good idea. But, by the time I implemented the program, I had aged some and the concept of listening to water running all night, well, it didn't necessarily compliment my body chemistry. It's always something folks. Always. Here I am once again thinking about making snow angels as I lay in the cold white powder, meanwhile, at this stage of the game I'm not sure my uncles will cooperate. You remember them, don't you? Uncle Arthur, as in arthritis and Uncle Bursy, as in bursitis? Maybe the daydreaming deal is the best solution for me. That way I can always add a blanket if things get out of hand. Okay. So I've made you feel a little better that you are not quite as wacky as I am? Good. I do what I can to contribute whenever and wherever I can.

It's even worse than you might think. Sometimes I have several blogs under construction at the same time. Do I use my own Slow Men Working Sign? That's a good one. Very funny. I've learned that when the thought process manufactures an idea, I'd better get it at least recorded as soon as I can. I will admit something. Occasionally, I will bring one up that's still being worked on and read over it and wonder not only where it came from but who wrote it. I know. The couch visit needs to be at the top of my bucket list, which I prefer to be pronounced 'bouquet-list' like Hyacinth from the 'Keeping Up Appearances' series on PBS. If you don't recognize that one, it's okay because I can't complain since I don't even always recognize my own stuff. Even worse is when I read it and think to myself that whoever came up with that one, it's pretty good. Now you have a small sliver of a glimpse into my life pursuit where for 68 years I find myself operating in my own personalized version of the Twilight Zone. I wrote all that just to throw you off. I couldn't be more sane, sane, sane, hello?, sane. Maybe one day I will come up with something as good as Dickens from his classic 'Tale of Two Cities': "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times......" Until then you will have to put up with whatever graces my electronic page each day. Take care, remember to thank God, and maybe when you can, work on your own 'bouquet-list'. May God bless. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: