Monday, September 22, 2014

"Polling is merely an instrument for gauging public opinion. When a president or any other leader pays attention to poll results, he is, in effect, paying attention to the views of the people. Any other interpretation is nonsense." ~ George Gallup

Okay. Here I am. Ready to go. Again. I will not say I feel re-energized because I'm not 100% sure exactly what that means. I have enjoyed my time off, the different routine, and spending time with my bride of soon to be 50 years. It is good to be back in the saddle, one more time, and I am attempting to make sure of it all, here on this Monday, September 22, 2014. I know most of you who read my stuff are more than aware of how the current news media continues to fawn over and do everything they can to protect and insulate the President. I can see it for myself. I don't need for someone to tell me. You can do the same. It is insidious. Recently, I ran across the graphic I have shared with you today. President Obama's approval ratings are in free fall. President Bush's were also in dire straights about the same point in his tenure. Look at that picture very carefully. Okay class what have we learned? News Media to the masses: we are unbiased in very balanced in the way we cover politics. However, the graphic tells a different story. Right? I am one of the masses and where I come from they taught us that 124 reports highlighting President Bush's bad polling numbers is significantly more than the 9 reports that mentioned President Obama's standing. I report folks, but in this case, the obvious is so clear it makes me sick to my stomach. Sadly, the vast majority of the uninformed are unaware of these kinds of in your face discrepancies.

No. I didn't come up with that one while I was on holiday. I had it already in the oven cooking while I was away. That graphic says a lot but it really is even worse folks. Some mainline reporters are gushing over initiatives offered up by the current administration. Many of them are identical to the ones President Bush and his team announced. They are the same. President Bush's were misguided and dumb. President Obama's are on target and brilliant. The good news. The American people may be slow but we typically do figure out how to interpret the actual performance versus the hype. It may take a while. But we get there. When we break through the disconnect between what is reported versus what actually is happening, well, like I say, it may take a while, but we end up getting it. That's why 70% have lost confidence. It sure wasn't because of the great reporting being done by the major news organizations. It was because sooner or later, the old adage becomes the reality, you can run but you cannot hide. They can no longer hide and everybody sees what is going on.

Are you saying these same types of things didn't go on in other administrations? I did not say that and I would not want to imply that they didn't. What I will say is that other administrations often lacked any support whatsoever by the mainstream media. They certainly didn't have any covering for them. There's typically enough blame to go around, regardless, but living in la la land where what you actually see is described as something different and it's reported that way on most of the major news sources, well, it can lead us to that proverbial time when we wake up and find ourselves between a rock and a hard place. That's where we find ourselves today, at least that's how I see it. Maybe I am feeling re-energized, whatever that means. I certainly seem to be focused in on the subject at hand. I'll give myself a couple of extra points for that and do my best to move on to something else for tomorrow. Thanks so much for dropping by and always remember that God is with us, at work, caring and loving, no matter what. Amen. That makes me feel better already. See you next time. ...More later.

No comments: