Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly." Thomas Sowell

Correction: Okay. I do know the retiring baseball player's name is Derek Jeter, not David Jeter. Sorry. I worked with a David Jeter for a number of years, therefore, I can only assume that my old person interfered with my accurate person and the result was a mistake. And, thanks to Jimmy, our middle son, for pointing it out to me. I hate it when I do things like that. The David Jeter I knew never played baseball that I know of.

I have forgotten how to change the date on my watch and I do know that today will end the current month, therefore, I will be closer to being right or further away from the target. I will tell you that I do love it when it somehow corrects itself. You are right. It doesn't take much to make my day and this one happens to be Tuesday, September 30, 2014. Most of you know that I am an early person. Early indeed, by some standards. Often I like to crank up some world news from a variety of places around the globe. There's English language broadcasts from places like South Korea, Japan, France, and English networks that actually officially represent China and Russia. In addition, one can easily hear from Australia, Israel, and a variety of sources within Great Britain. Many of these have live streamed programming therefore you can both see and hear the news from their location. Here in our country we mostly hear and see what the news bosses decide, regardless of the network we follow. Often they make choices in keeping with their own point of view. I must tell you that folks in different places in the world do not always see it exactly the way we get it here. I'm not saying they are always right but I do think it's important to have a contextual comparison from which to draw a more well informed conclusion. Plus, I enjoy it. In fact, that may have more to do with than the other, but, I will have to think about that one and get back to you later.

I'm not going to get into a long drawn out discussion regarding the new terrorist threats posed by groups that were supposedly previously decimated. Now we hear that while they were decimated they went underground, changed their name, and when they reappeared they had morphed into something much more fearful than before. I guess it has to do with what the meaning of the word decimated is all about. And, oh by the way, there's a brand new group that no one had ever heard of and they had to be taken out because they were considered to be an imminent threat on our homeland. Folks, you may enjoy drinking the Kool-Aid, but to almost anyone with a lick of common sense this stuff just doesn't pass the smell test. We supposedly have the best security and intelligence operations in the world, yet, we woke up one morning and a new group had taken over most of the territory that we sacrificed over 3,000 of our service men and women to preserve. Now the President is saying our intelligence people underestimated the strength and ferocity of this new group. Throw into the mix the upcoming elections here in our country where making loud noises about taking people out is often seen as a political strength and the picture gets even more fuzzy. I'm just a lay person. And, if I can see huge holes in these so called strategies that surely does not bid well for how things might go in the future. That ends my brief throw down on this subject but there could be more, you know, as in later.

Here's one about answered prayer: ~ A woman received a call that her daughter at college was sick.  She stopped by the pharmacy to get medication, got back to her car and found that she had locked her keys inside. The woman found an old rusty coat hanger left on the ground. She looked at it and said "I don't know how to use this." She bowed her head and asked God to send her help. Within one minute a beat up old motorcycle pulled up and its rider was a bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag. The man got off of his cycle and asked if he could help. She said: "Yes, my daughter is sick. I've locked my keys in my car. I must get home. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?" He said "Sure." He walked over to the car, and in less than a minute the car was open. She hugged the man and through tears said "Thank you so much! You are a very nice man." The man replied "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison yesterday, I was in prison for car theft." The woman hugged the man again sobbing, "Oh, thank you God! You even sent me a professional!" Is GOD Good or What!?~ I picked that one up off a thread that posts funny stories. It was unattributed but I thought it was good enough to share. Some days good enough will have to do. Take care and may God continue to lead, guide, and direct us all. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: