Wednesday, October 31, 2018

"The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show." ~ Author Unknown

Today is Wednesday, October 31, 2018, designated for the celebration of Halloween. It's also my last day to broadcast from this location. In a few hours, it will be time for me to saddle up and ride off into the sunset, or as George Burns put it, "Say goodnight Gracie.", or as the legendary news broadcaster, Edward R. Murrow, said at the end of the news, "Good luck and good night.", and while I've never been able to do the Vulcan hand salute myself, the meaning might be appropriate, "Live long and prosper.", or maybe the happy go lucky motto from the Lion King, "Hakuna Matata.", and, even though I'm not Italian, "Chiao." rings a bell, or maybe Aloha, Shalom, or one of my favorites from Emeril, "Bam!", but, hopefully not, "Danger, Will Robinson!" At any rate, I leave the workplace knowing I have been blessed from above. One of my favorite closings has always been this one, written by Dale Evans, of Dale and Roy fame, (Rogers).

Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.

It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you,
Until we meet again.
Happy trails to you,
Keep smiling until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song, and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you,
Until we meet again.
Blog Number: 2,932. That's a wrap from the old blogger ranch. I'll catch back up with you soon from my home office. Finally, I reprint the closing paragraph from my very first blog, published on May 9, 2007: "One final thought in this opening monologue: I know that without God as the foundation of my life through my identity with His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, there would be little hope in all the ups and downs encountered in this journey called life." Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: