Thursday, November 1, 2018

“If we're honest, most of us are doing okay.” ~ Craig Groeschel, from his book: "Weird: Because Normal Isn't Working"

Okay. I think I know how I feel. I read about these people who went to check the date on their smoke detector only to find out the technician had written in the blank beside Installed On: the ceiling. I don't know why but I can identify with that sentiment. Here we go. It's the day after, Thursday, November 1, 2018, and I am so happy to bring you greetings from the Home Office. For today's edition, I want to share what I will be posting on my Facebook page.

~ Today reflects the beginning of a major change in my life and in the life of my family. The above photo was taken in my home office because yesterday was the last day of my employment. At 72, and after well over 50 years in the workplace, I am now officially retired. (Whatever that means.) My last job was with a metal fabrication company, Complete Manufacturing, of Magnolia, Texas. I had a good run of 12 years with these folks. I want to sincerely thank Oletha and Ronnie Smith, fellow believers, and the owners, for their support and kindness throughout my time with them. A shout out to the Smith connected family I worked with, Kari and Kevin, Kristen and Allen, and Ryan. These folks always respected me and that is something I will never forget. I also appreciate the rest of the workforce there along with the vendors, customers, and other folks I worked with. And, most of all, I thank God for His provision throughout my sojourn here on the planet. The wife of my youth has to be wondering what it will be like to have me hanging around every day. I'm sure her ladies Bible study group are praying for her. She will probably need it. In fact, we all need it. I tried to find a good closing line. I suppose this one will do: "The best is yet to come!" ~

The good news is that I am here and ready to get on with it. I read a quote the other day that I liked. "Sometimes you don’t know when you’re taking the first step through a door until you’re already inside." (Ann Voskamp) One evening this week I was asked by a family member if I was excited about the coming change. I replied, "Not really." It's not because I am being Dr. Doom. The way I am put together, Wednesday came and went, and now it is Thursday. Let's see what we can make of it. I wish I had some greater, deeper, philosophical outlook, but, God will make a way and I am thankful that He will. Hopefully, everyone received their edition this morning. I have changed network locations and we all know that stuff can happen. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday. I am going to try my best to do that as well. May God add His blessings. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: