Friday, June 24, 2016

“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters” ― Albert Einstein

Christopher Duffley and his family.
Yes. I did make it to Friday, and this one turns out to be June 24, 2016. Hello and welcome. A couple of things happened recently that reminded me of the words of Jesus when he said, "But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’" (Matthew 5:37) A few months ago I discovered and became a fan of the teenage blind and Autistic Christopher Duffley. He is an inspirational singer with a sweet testimony for his Lord and Savior. He is also a YouTube and internet sensation with millions of views and fans across the world. I ordered up a couple of his musical products in support of him and his family's ministry to inspire people and to reach out to those who have disabilities. The products came and the wife and I thoroughly and tearfully enjoyed them. A week later another order showed up. Same materials. I sent another check and told them I had passed on the second order to a family dealing with autism. A few days later I was driving down the road and my cell phone rang. The lady said she was Christine Duffley calling about my order. It was Christopher's mom and I told her I knew exactly who she was. She said she did all the order processing herself. She wanted me to know that the second shipping was a mistake and that I was not obligated to send them more money. She felt terrible about it. I laughed and told her that we were praying for their family and for the ministry God has given to their precious adopted son. She said she never wanted anyone to think they would do anything to try and get something from them. I was very impressed with her sincerity and the character she demonstrated. The other day I saw a fellow doing a video at a spiritual retreat and he was excited to be interviewing Christopher. He told all about how that Christopher as a nine-year-old had sung 'Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord' at a praise and worship gathering, and without the family knowing it someone posted it to YouTube, and it now has been seen by over 20 million people. He went on to tell about some of Christopher's other notable appearances and included how that Christopher had sung two songs for the Pope when he last visited America. Christopher interrupted him and made it clear he sang at the festival for families that was a part of the Pope's visit to Philadelphia, but he had not sung for the Pope directly. Christopher also added that his sister Grace was also a part of that performance and how neat it was to share the stage with her. My point? He wanted what was being said to be accurate. Character matters folks. It shows and I noticed.

I mentioned the other day the good news about my handed down fancy Keurig. It works so well it may be contributing to an increase in my coffee consumption. Think about it. It sits there waiting for me to pop in one of the little individual serve containers. It's ready. Close that dude up and within 2 seconds it is brewing. Bam! There it is. No mess. No fuss. Perfect. Now he's waiting again. He's ready. Before, I had to measure the water and pour it into my little single maker and wait for the water to heat up and after maybe a couple of minutes the coffee was ready. This one just sits there looking at me like a dog waiting for me to throw the frisbee. I mentioned this development to my son. He just laughed. I'm sure the Community Coffee folks will be pleased with my enhanced capabilities. In order to get more bang for the buck, he suggested that I try the tiny cup setting and reuse the individual serve container. I did. It reminded me of coloring eggs. The water looked darker. The taste didn't. Oh well, at my age, one small indulgence isn't that bad. Is it? I don't think it is. Maybe I should do some research on that one. I'll get back to you. 

I know what many of you are thinking. 1. That man does have issues. 2. Or, he makes me glad that I am not him. 3. Or, will he ever give his fingers a break?  1. Yes. 2. Glad to help. 3. That is something I need to do and it may be a good time to start thinking about thinking about doing just that. Items one and two are mostly going to be the same because it's a little late in the game to do much about them. Item three is something the wife and I talk about occasionally and it might just help the other two some if giving it a rest were to provide me with a fresh perspective.  In the meantime, I will soldier on and do the best I can with the stuff that shows up on my radar screen each day. I tend to enjoy thinking about doing stuff more than doing the stuff itself. You know. Like travel. I travel to a lot of places in my plans and that does occupy a fair amount of my time. It's certainly less expensive and less complicated than actually doing the travel. What's that? You think I am demonstrating Numbers 1 and 2 again. Pray for me. I will do the same for you. Enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. Until next time, may God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: