Friday, June 3, 2016

"Jesus died on the cross for all humanity, because God loves the whole world." Comment about John 3:16

Thanks for showing up here for our time together on this Friday, June 3, 2016. I'm all for doing the right thing about animals. I don't think they should be abused or mistreated. However, I've heard all I want to hear about the zoo gorilla who was killed in order to protect a child who had fallen inside its enclosure. The outpouring of sympathy for the gorilla contrasted to the hate and death threats received by the family of the child tell us something. It has something to do with misappropriated value. When God created the human family, this is what is said, "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." (Genesis 1:27) He did not create animals in His own image. The Apostle Paul sent a letter to his young lieutenant, Timothy, where he gave this prophetic word, "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come." (2 Timothy 3:1) One of the characteristics of the perilous times reflects this statement from verse 3, people will be "without natural affection". This is what I thought of as people demonstrated their support of the gorilla more than they supported the life of the helpless child. Paul said this is how it would be in the last days. I'm not against those who want to protect animals but I do believe there should be no debate when considering the welfare of a human being. No animal at any time is more important than the life of a child. In case you wondered, that's my take.

People are really on edge because of the weather situation in these parts. Some are even wondering if it's time to call in Al Gore and get his opinion on what is happening. I'll pass on that one. I've seen a whole lot of Noah references and how folks have seen animals lining up two by two. The other evening when a huge rainstorm hit, we were attempting to get to our twin granddaughter's high school graduation program. The streets were flooded. The traffic was in total gridlock. The prospective graduates were told the ceremony would go on, period. There we all were doing our best to get to the auditorium. This was not so bad for the kids and their siblings and perhaps even their parents, but, for us older folks, it was challenging, to say the least. Some of the stress came from all those jacked up pick-up trucks taking one and one-half lanes and driving like they were on a road course. I know the school system has many things to consider in a situation like this. Because of the intensity of the storm, they finally announced a rescheduling of the event. Postponing was likely a costly choice, however, I actually think many people were exposed and put in harm's way because of the initial 'it will go on regardless' attitude. Just me. Maybe I was just frustrated after playing lane roulette with those jacked up trucks. In the end, the wife and I were so thankful to God to have finally made it back to our house, especially with so much water standing all around.

I started out this week talking about how short it would be. It seems to have developed a level of stress on its own mostly because of the rain and the difficulties all week in getting from Point A to Point B. Thanks to all for the prayers on behalf of our mom. I'm glad to report she is still in good spirits and is enjoying having her daughters, JoAnn and Frances, with her this week. I can actually remember when those girls were little girls, and they, like Donald and I, slept in the same bed together. Mom and dad's place makes it feel like home to just about anyone who visits, but, especially so for us who grew up there. So many memories and so much to be thankful for. They tell us these rains will be ending soon. At least for a few days. I never thought I would be looking forward to the June hot temperatures, but, I would be okay with a stretch of days like that. For a change, as they say. Please continue to pray for those who are dealing with this widespread flooding situation. With that, I wish you a most wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. I do hope to meet back up again come next Monday. Until then, may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: