Thursday, June 9, 2016

“Old age is not a disease - it is strength and survivorship, triumph over all kinds of vicissitudes and disappointments, trials and illnesses.” ~ Maggie Kuhn, (American social Activist, 1905-1995)

What a mess!
Paw Paw Mac always said you typically get what you pay for. That's what I'm thinking about this morning on this Thursday, June 9, 2016. I'm talking about my little single serve coffee maker. It has become schizoid lately. I know. It was likely never intended to be used like it has been overworked during the past 18 months. It now has decided to retain fluid as in not emptying all the water into the cup only to flood it all out after I remove the individual serve container. I can almost hear him laughing as I do my rendition of clean up on aisle three. He also has been making these awful burping, gasping, and choking sounds. Sorry outfit! I have cleaned him. That didn't help. What can I do? I did try one of my own techniques. I have beaten the living daylights out of that little monster. More than once. He straightened up for a cup or two and then reverted to his wild and crazy behavior. He left me little choice. I will teach him not to mess around with me. I'm unhappy, but still okay with the price, therefore, his replacement has been ordered, $19.95 plus shipping. Many of you think I must just tiptoe through the tulips of life most of the time. Now you get a glimpse into 'my' real world. I came up with a Plan B but it's not the most convenient. I took out my old one cup regular ground coffee drip maker and then I cut open the single serve and poured the coffee grounds into it and while it's not the best in the world, it will have to do for the next few days until my new unit arrives. (Note: The coffee in the little single serve cups is a special grind. It's really not made to use in a regular drip maker. Just so you know.) I know what you are thinking. I agree. I probably should have gone with the overnight shipping. Too late now. I am still trying to decide whether there will be a formal retirement and/or installation ceremony or not. (The retirement question has been answered since he has now joined the company of those occupying our dumpster.) I have so much to think about, but, I will keep you posted. Pray for me. Thanks.

I thought about doing a survey like folks do on Facebook. They do that when they are trying to make a decision and they want people to weigh in so they ask their friends to help them. The way things have been going for me lately the little coffee maker would get all the support and I would be left high and dry. Well, not so dry, with that little monster spitting and sputtering. Looking on the bright side, I do have one little clean area on my desktop now. It's not that large but it is a start. Most of you know that I am mostly just poking fun at myself. You know. Self-deprecating humor. I did say mostly. It's hard to distinguish the farcical from the factual when Community Coffee is involved. That little coffee maker has a fancy name, Hamilton Beach. Sounds like he plays a character on one of those BBC mysteries. I know I shouldn't get too wrought up over inanimate objects. But, I am very personally connected, therefore, it does become a part of my world, and that's a whole lot of what I end up sharing. One last thing and then I'm done on this subject: He calls himself FlexBrew, my foot!

Let me remind everyone about my thoughts on political matters. I know my reading of things differs significantly from how others see it. I think that's how our system is supposed to work. I will admit that at times I am floored by the views I see from people I know who post them on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media forums. They see the same things I see but they interpret them quite differently. This tells me that we all need to respect the rights of others as they attempt to make sense out of what is going on. I would hope I respect their right to be wrong and they respect my right to be wrong as well. I've said all this to let all my readers know that my motivation is not to intentionally offend. I have people who I love dearly who are still fighting for the rights of the dead gorilla. I happen to disagree with them on that issue. Even if a mistake was made in killing the animal, and I don't believe there was one made, I would still vote for the life of the child, every time, all day long, and twice on Sundays. I will not, not love them because we might have a disagreement on this or any other issue. At the same time, I would expect them to respect my thoughts on the subject as well. And, I will be the first in line to confess how my views on many different subjects have changed since I began breathing air here on the planet. Things I learned and things I have had to unlearn. I'm sorry if you feel badly for my little coffee maker. Please don't report me to the 1-800 coffee maker abuse hotline. I'm just trying to work out my frustrations. Okay? Thanks. Take care, remember to thank God for the next heartbeat because He is the one who provides it to each of us. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: