Monday, September 23, 2013

“What is more cheerful, now, in the fall of the year, than an open-wood-fire? Do you hear those little chirps and twitters coming out of that piece of apple-wood? Those are the ghosts of the robins and blue-birds that sang upon the bough when it was in blossom last Spring. In Summer whole flocks of them come fluttering about the fruit-trees under the window: so I have singing birds all the year round.” ― Thomas Bailey Aldrich, American poet, novelist, travel writer and editor. (1836-1907)

Man, that sure was short. Those two days went by faster than greased lightning, a speeding bullet, and the blink of an eye. I think you get the picture. Yet, it is very good to welcome one and all to another presentation of my long running series emanating from the ole blogger ranch, here on this Monday, September 23, 2013. Okay. We did get some rain along with a front, they called it a cool front, and it did knock down the overnight lows a few ticks, therefore, I suppose we can confirm some movement towards seasonal adjustment. Yesterday, Sunday, was the official turning of the page as it reflected the first day of autumn, (Autumnal Equinox), for 2013. A low of 64 on Sunday actually caused it be a most beautiful morning. We welcome and embrace the very slight downward movement of the temperatures but we need not be breaking out the long-johns anytime soon. We should not be surprised because the record lows for this week are only in the low 50's. Okay. I'll go ahead and say it since it has been bugging me. How can weather people say with a straight face that a predicted low of 69 is a taste of fall? I do think their taste buds are in need of a tune up. What say you?

Compared to what? Right? I know. I am somewhat preoccupied with weather related details. Sorry. And, yes, I am well aware of that old saw that says everyone talks about the weather but no one does anything about it. With all the weather altering technologies being pursued by different governmental scientists around the globe, don't count on that 'no one does anything about it' to hold up forever. Get this one. Some of our adversaries are even working on a way to weaponize weather. Just think. Being able to activate a huge devastating weather event could be a very effective way of hindering an opponent. I know our armed forces researchers would have to be also looking into these same areas because of having to defend against any such developments. The good news for those of us who have placed our trust in God is to know that He does have the final say on any and all matters that impact His plan, purpose, and His creation. That's reassuring as we hear about these rather scary pursuits. And, I will add a welcome Amen to that one.

I am into irony. Not so much into ironing but irony does tend to suit my fancy. I may not have made it clear from my little analysis in my foreign policy spiel the other day, but, there's something very ironic about some of what has transpired. Trying to win votes in the Congress, the State Department issued a report that laid out in great detail why the Russians cannot be trusted. With the intention, of course, of bolstering their efforts to get a vote of support for the President's threatened missile attack. Within 48 hours they were all in with the Russians in brokering a deal that supposedly would see all the chemical weaponry in Syria destroyed. One day: Can't trust them a lick. Soon After: We are willing to bet the farm on them to get us out of this quandary. This ironic situation is now left to ironing out the details. I just felt that I needed to get that one to you with a smidgen more clarity. I smell smoke and I think it's the gray cells sending a smoke signal that they need a break. Take care. Have a good one. And, may God add His blessings to our day. Amen.    ....More later.

No comments: