Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"All of a sudden there were people screaming. I saw people jumping out of the building. Their arms were flailing. I stopped taking pictures and started crying." --Michael Walters, a free-lance photo journalist in Manhattan.

Welcome one and all to our little get together here at the ole blogger ranch. It's Wednesday, September 11, 2013, and yes, we do pause to remember that most horrendous and murderous attack, referred to simply as 9-11, against our nation, our way of life, and the freedoms we espouse. May God bless the families of those impacted by this attack and may God bless and heal our land is my prayer. Amen.

Meanwhile, in a clear demonstration of the freedoms we hold dear, everyone in this neck of the woods continue to be excited because of the way the Texans came back on Monday Night Football and won the game at the end, beating San Diego 31 to 28. Confession time. I'm glad they won but I didn't make it past five minutes of the first quarter. Why? Long day, as usual, and I also had spent about three hours recovering my home office computer because he had somehow chosen to scramble his bits and bytes so that he lost contact with the real world. Don't you just love it when I talk technical? Again, glad that Houston starts off the season with a win and maybe I will watch them next time, that is, if they are not conflicting with a NASCAR race. I think I may be kidding but I will have to spend some time studying it, therefore, I will have to get back to you on that one.

Okay. I think I am beginning to understand our nation's current foreign policy strategy. It's an all-over-the-page, both sides of the mouth, upside down and backwards scenario that ends up being only consistent in its confusion. Our new secretary of state made an off hand remark about Syria giving up their chemical weapons. It was a throw down comment. Suddenly the Russians seize upon it and say they want to pursue it with Syria. What's that old saying: If you can't be good, be lucky? One headline called it, Accidental Diplomacy. Now there is some irony to be found in this knee jerk response, as if we could trust the Russian or the Syrian governments, and it's found in how the spin machine is already trying to make this the objective of the threat to use military force. Every spokesperson for the Administration has been told to add this line: "Had there never been a threat from the US to use our military, we would not have been dealing with the potential for Syria to give up their stockpiles of chemical weapons." The good news for the Oval Office is how the mainstream press handle these types of developments. They essentially exercise a technique called the hook-line-and-sinker approach. Look for it coming to a screen near you! And, you can quote me on that!

You did notice I had nothing to say about that famous song, "Writing Red Lines in the Sand." I'll save that one for another day. It would be good for us all to pause and remember 9-11 in whatever way that is meaningful to us individually. I, for one, will never forget the patriotic connectedness our nation experienced in response to this event. It was beyond sad but at the same time our turning to God and our joining together was remarkable folks, remarkable indeed! Take care and may God bless each one. Amen.      ....More later.

No comments: