Friday, September 6, 2013

“If you are too busy to pray, you are busier than God wants you to be.” ~ Wanda E. Brunstetter, Cookbook Author

"Well, hello there My, it's been a long, long time And how am I doin'? Oh I guess that I'm doin' fine.." To get us started I thought I would play you a little of Willie Nelson's classic, 'Funny How Time Slips Away' here on the turntable at the ole blogger ranch studio. Time is getting away from us all and to tell you the truth, it's not always funny how quickly it seems to be slipping away. But, I say howdy, howdy to one and all on this Friday, September 6, 2013. I know you have been busy so why not pull up a chair and let's sit for a spell, sip a little strong black Community, and as they used to say back home, just take a load off? That refers to unloading that heavy stuff in your mind and kicking back and just taking an old fashioned time out. Don't worry. It will be there when you get back. But, for the next few minutes, let's try to relax a little. Sounds pretty good. Right? It would be great if it worked that way, but for most of us, the cry of the urgent is definitely drowning out everything else. We can get too busy folks. Jesus recognized that as He observed His disciples. The Gospel of Mark, Chapter 6, Verse 31, "He said to them, 'Come with me privately to an isolated place and rest a while' (for many were coming and going, and there was no time to eat)." Quoted from the NET Bible.


Maybe that was aimed at yours truly. You know. Practice what you preach Buckaroo! Just because I may have trouble taking my own advice does not necessarily mean it's not good advice. We all are familiar with that one. Our children certainly are: Do as I say, not as I do. Gotcha on that one. But, we all do need to find balance in our busy lives. I for one believe that our society is geared towards our keeping time to the incessant drumbeat of busy activity because it is in some one's vested interest for us to do so. I'm not talking about working versus laziness. I'm talking about this driven mentality that says we have to keep all the balls in the air, all the time. Living like that is good for those who sell into our busy world. That's even obvious as we exert peer pressure on each other to keep that treadmill going. Even our play time can become just as demanding and stressful as the rest of our lives. What do we do about it? Something! Whatever it takes to stop the runaway train. All that may be a little over the top, but only a little. I would like to spend more time talking about ways to slow down a little but I need to get back to that urgent stuff I mentioned earlier. See what I mean?


Yes. You do have my permission to put that on your 'to do' list. I do hope that you will enjoy the upcoming Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. I have found that meeting with like minded believers on the day set aside to honor our Lord's resurrection, (first day of the week, Sunday), is a pretty good way to help disperse some of the frenzy that characterizes my life. Singing songs that honor God and hearing from Him directly as His Word goes forth are also great ways to refocus and re energize our thinking. That is part of the balance He would have us to practice. How do I know that? Just like the little kiddos sing, "...for the Bible tells me so." (Hebrews 10:25) For those interested, a copy of today's sermon can be purchased along with a hot-off-the-press autographed glossy portrait of yours truly. However, don't send one thin dime. Just put a $10 dollar bill into your envelope to cover the cost of postage and handling. It's supposed to be a joke. So, laugh a little. That too will help your day. Until next time, I will be cogitating on something, and based on today's edition, no telling what it might be. Take care and may God bless each one. Amen.    .....More later.

No comments: