Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"I had faith in Israel before it was established, I have in it now. I believe it has a glorious future before it - not just another sovereign nation, but as an embodiment of the great ideals of our civilization." ~ Harry S. Truman

It helps to remind yourself that it is a short work week. See there? I told you. Welcome once again to my little corner of the vast universe, on this, Wednesday, September 4, 2013. Jesus knew exactly what He was talking about when He said there would be wars and rumors of war. (Matthew 24:6) I know. He is God in human flesh, so, of course He always knew perfectly everything He was talking about. At any rate, we've been surrounded by this very truth ever since I've been on the planet, and based on even a cursory look at history, wars have very much been a major part of this world's approach since the fall, and I'm here to tell you that it continues even as I let my fingers do the walking in stamping out today's episode. As far as where we are in the current crisis or perhaps crises, it's really hard to make much sense out of all the forth and back that is going on. One line of reasoning says Syria should be punished because of their use of nerve gas on their own people. Another line of reasoning says that if we punish Syria we could open the door for a new war in the Middle East perhaps involving Iran and Israel. One thing is clear. Based on the current political maneuvering taking place, Israel is right to be concerned about this current administration's commitment to their protection. I don't know what the right move is but I do know that God is aware and He will ultimately work it out, consistent with His plan and purpose, regardless of all the shenanigans going on in Washington D.C. That you can count on my friend! Amen.

You don't have to be a noted expert to make this conclusion: It's a mess brother, it's a mess. And, lest any of us think whatever decisions are made they only impact the other fellow, well, that's not even close to being true on any level. Those put in harm's way are all of our children. Those billions and/or trillions committed to be spent that we do not have become our debt that will be inherited by our children and for generations beyond as far as the eye can see. I get how comforting it might be to just withdraw from knowing anything about what is going on. But the head in the sand approach will not change reality. I've reached a point where I no longer believe that party affiliation is the answer. We are a fallen people living in a fallen and corrupt world. Our only hope is in God's provision and His intervention. We all can be a part of seeking Him and His help. Actively doing so is, in my opinion, the best we could ever hope to see achieved, for when He responds it will be according to His perfect will. Amen.

It is September folks. You know what that means. Or better put, what it is supposed to mean. The fall season will soon be making its appearance. The other day I was standing in my closet and I saw all those long sleeved shirts hanging around and looking oh so lonesome. I thought to myself, "Don't worry boys, Lord willing, it won't be long before you get to get back into the game." What's that you say? You are wondering if someone who talks to long sleeved shirts has all their oars in the water? You will notice I said I thought to myself and after all is said and done, I wasn't talking about water or rowing. The thought of cooler weather does make it some better. I did read where the northern interior of Alaska is currently experiencing some of the coldest weather in their history. (Bettles, AK recorded 15 degrees on August 30) I have a word for that colder weather up in Alaska. It comes from the old TV show, 'The Price is Right'. "Come on down!" On our next visit, I'll do my best to refrain from talking to long sleeved shirts and weather systems up in Alaska. Until then, continue to seek God, for He is our only hope. Amen.      .....More later.

No comments: