Friday, September 20, 2013

General Omar Bradley's response when questioned about extending the Korean War into China: "The wrong war, at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and with the wrong enemy."

Another day, another, well... another day will have to do, and this one happens to be Friday, September 20, 2013. I read some pretty weird stuff at times but often I can totally identify with the sentiments being expressed. One fellow said he had no choice but to speed because he needed to get there before he forgot where he was going. Don't exactly know why, but I got that one. My grandfather used to tell me that at times I acted like I woke up in a new world every other moment. It's not that hard to get days and nights mixed up. One day last week I must have thought it to be a different day than it was because I intentionally left my work keys at home. Intentionally. When I arrived at the gate I realized that my intention was 100% off track. I turned around and drove back to where I had come from, reset my calendar synchronization process, went into the house, fetched my work keys, returned to work and acted like nothing was wrong, (After all, no one was here but me. You know, if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there, does it still make a noise?), and in reality, it wasn't. Bottom line: I just added 50 minutes of additional driving. When you think about it, I got some additional practice driving a route I've only traveled a few thousand times. There's always something positive when you look for it.

Then there's the one about how you should never ask a shepherd how many sheep he owns. He always falls asleep as he tries to count them. Don't groan. I can do worse. So, you don't believe me? What did the fisherman say to the magician? Pick a cod. Any cod. ~ She was nothing more than a whiskey maker but he loved her still. ~ Why did the cowboy buy himself a wiener dog? He wanted to get a long little doggy. ~ What do Eskimos get from sitting on the frozen tundra too long? Polaroids. ~ Did you hear about the not-so-bright Olympic gold medal winner? He loved that medal so much he had it bronzed. ~ I promise this is the last one. What do you call a midget fortune teller who just escaped from prison? A small medium at large. ~ I think I proved my point so don't doubt me in the future.

If all goes well, the wife and I are planning a trip to Branson the third week in October. My wife has been there so many times I think she might be an honorary citizen. I have never been. I know you have heard me say that I have not lost or left anything up in that neck of the woods. However, the forecast temperatures for that week based on averages really did capture my attention. The predictions go like this: Mid 40's at night and highs near 70 during the day. (I will not even mention the record lows for that week because you-know-who might get a little nervous.) With those cooler breezes, I might even drive around town in the middle of the night with all the windows rolled down. Very unlikely. At this time it's a plan in the making and to be perfectly honest, I think we have a consensus among family and friends that the two of us do need a change of scenery, so to speak. We shall see. I do appreciate you dropping by each day so we can catch up. Have a great Saturday and Lord Day's Sunday and I'll do my best, Lord willing, to be in my place come Monday Morning. May God bless each one! Amen.    .....More later.

No comments: