Monday, October 8, 2012

What squeaks as it solves crimes? Miami Mice!

Hello folks. It's me again on this Monday, October 8, 2012. How's it going out there where your mouse is busy and your fingers are finding there way around your keyboard? Think about it. We take our point and click computer mouse for granted but the first instance of it wasn't even around before 1964. And those first ones looked more like a small brick than the wireless little device we use today. But time makes a difference and we all eventually get with the program, maybe we go kicking and screaming, but most of us do end up using strange words that we had never contemplated just a few years ago. Week before last my mom had problems connecting to the internet. She called the folks at the telephone company and worked through a series of troubleshooting activities. They determined it was her modem that had gone bad. At one point the lady working with her called me just to confirm a few of the settings on mom's installation. Mom ended up having a fellow come in and install the new modem and she is back in business. My mom is a very remarkable woman. How many 88 year old folks do you know who can hold their own dealing with a network services technician on the other end of the line? I know how to deal with those people and it can be a huge challenge for me at times. Go mom, go! Many have asked about how my mom is doing with her recent illness. She is much better and we thank God for that as well as being appreciative to all who have graciously mentioned her in prayer. Thanks.

Mom's only complaint was the color of the new modem. The old one was much prettier. Hello? The other day I made a customer call along with the owner of our company. This electrical wiring control panel enterprise is located across the metroplex. I have been the primary contact for these folks for over five years but had never met them face to face. We have built and sold them many projects, some of them pretty large. I emailed them a photo of the wife and I last Christmas all dressed up in our Santa and the Mrs. attire. Because of my interaction with this family owned and operated business, our meeting was more like a reunion of long lost friends than a first meet and greet get acquainted session. They were genuinely glad to see us. As we toured their facilities their big boss kept telling everyone that I was the fellow in the photo. The workers agreed and had a good laugh. Our business with these people has often been based on a handshake over the telephone approach. A number of the customers I deal with are like that. They are for the most part old school and maybe that's why we've somehow made it work so well over the years. I didn't know what to expect. They did. It was a great visit.

I did catch a good portion of the presidential debate after getting home from our pot luck dinner and Bible study at our local fellowship. I wasn't greatly impressed with what I saw and if I were the Romney people I would be very concerned about the media making him out to have hit a home run. It just seemed too much to me. Sorry. But, if I were them I would be thinking set up. You know. Build it up so big and so huge that you have nowhere to go but down. Just me. Just for what it is worth. I'll likely not vote for either of them but that's an individual choice. Someone asked if that meant I will not be voting. Absolutely not. I wouldn't think of not voting, if I am able. And, I may have a change of heart. Speaking of a can of worms, let me tell you how quickly your taste can change. The other morning I was eating on one of those 100 calorie breakfast bar thingies. I had eaten about half of it and had laid the rest of it on my calendar book on my desk. Next thing I see is a bunch of tiny little bugs scampering across the page. I wasn't concerned for the half that was left, it was that which I had already eaten that troubled me. A little. And, that little experience does fit the election but I'm not certain exactly how but it did actually happen when I was putting some of these thoughts together, so, there you have it, it has to have some application. You do understand, don't you? Regardless, know that in the end our Great God will work it all out. Amen.             .....More later.

No comments: