Monday, October 15, 2012

What does it mean if you find a horse shoe? Some poor horse is walking around in his socks!

Wake up, smell it wafting in the air, and then enjoy that first cup of Community. It is another day where we collectively all scratch our heads together in anticipation of another random collection of my thoughts. It is Monday, October 15, 2012, and I bid you a good morning. My cousin put the hip replacement image on her Facebook page. I thought it was pretty funny. It hasn't been that many years ago where it may not have registered, but I've since entered into that world where this type of surgery along with many others have become increasingly common. The Medicare plan we use provides flu shots but you have to make an appointment with the immunization department in order to get it. I've been somewhat frustrated getting through to the appropriate appointment making entity. I called the pharmacy we use to do a price check on the flu shot. We could get it there on a walk up basis. It would be $35 each. I may have eaten up the cost of one of those shots just in the time I've wasted in trying to find out this, that, or the other, the result ended up with not making an appointment. Not yet. Sometimes my life seems to be one long running all consuming, arduous task. Maybe we'll get in for our shot before the use by date expires. One would hope.

Several have mentioned they enjoy the little funny pithy stuff I find to include. Here are a few more that might make you smile. ~ If you are arguing with yourself about cleaning the house, try watching an episode of Hoarders, and that will make you feel much better about putting it off. ~ I think for Halloween I'll put a huge empty bowl outside my door with a note saying they should feel free to take one. That way they will be so mad at whoever took them all. ~ There are so many scams out on the internet that can take away people's money. For $19.95 I will tell you how to avoid them. ~ I've always wondered if a toy purchased in China has on its label, Made Here. ~ People tell me all the time that I worry way too much. They are so wrong because it works, 99% of what I worry about never happens. ~ The new I-Phone is breaking records and I hear that it can even help you lose weight. People who buy one can't afford to eat for the next month. ~ All Asians look the same. They use their eyes just like everyone else, dummy. What are you? Some kind of racist jerk? ~

For those of you who might wonder, I am aware that some of my work goes forth without being spell checked, or, at times, my proof reading might be a little suspect. If it is really egregious, I typically correct the original so that if someone in the year 2050 happens to be doing research on bad writing styles and they are using my blog as their proof, at least most of the wrongly used text will have been spelled correctly. I also know that most of you know that I make up words from time to time. What? No. I was not aware there were laws against that kind of thing. I will also tell you that I do quite a bit of rewriting of things I find and then use in my daily visits. Like those slightly funny ones in the second paragraph. I always clean up what I consider to be inappropriate language and I also personalize them at times. And, I do my best to observe those things that might be copyrighted. Those one liner stories I shared today appear all over the place. I have no idea who originated each of them and you might wonder why it matters. It does matter to those who are paid for their work and I believe we all should respect that. Often, I have wanted to use an image that would be great as an illustration but when I see that protected mark, I find another instead. That's not to say that I don't get something in by mistake or carelessness, but, I did want you to know that I try to honor people's work. I've said all of that in order to say this, now it's time for me to take a hike along with the horse I rode in on. Have a great day and may God bless each one. Amen.     .....More later.

No comments: