Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Recent weather update: Chili today, hot tamale!

We had a most wonderful visit with family over in Louisiana. We know we are blessed to still be able to enjoy mom and dad, and to see our sisters too. Today is Tuesday, October 23, 2012. It is day two of my time off from my regular job. Today is designated doctor appointment day. Now I know I live in the past sometimes but I have to address issues as they come up in terms of priority. I've been saving and stewing about this one for a few days. One week ago, this past Tuesday, we received an unexpected afternoon and evening downpour, like consistent steady rain for 8 hours. I knew I had watched the weather the night before. I knew I had looked at it on my computer. It was a 20% chance. That's all. Even during the downpour it was still only 20%. The local stations. The weather channel. All God's children who are connected to predicting the weather agreed, 20%. We should have known that number was based on the same theory used by our government when they tell us why being trillions of dollars in debt should not worry us. After totally missing their forecast completely, I paid close attention to the weather folks that day. Surely they would be embarrased and publicly confess how far they had missed the mark. Not a word. Like it didn't even happen. I saw my youngest son's posting on Facebook. He said he was asked if he had any idea about the weather and whether he had seen the forecast. He responded that he had watched it but still didn't have a clue. They are clueless and so are we. Maybe we should bring back those wooden stocks the Puritans used when someone was caught fabricating the truth. Maybe they have to reuse the maps to save money. Maybe. Who knows? I do know this. I drove home in a rainstorm. I drove into the metroplex for our inner city ministry in a rainstorm. And, finally, I drove back home, still in a rainstorm. I'm not complaining about the rain. Thank the Lord for it. But, we do make plans in our work based on gestimates regarding the weather. Obviously, I said all I needed to early on in today's blog but I just couldn't slow down this keyboard. It was bent on rocking and rolling this morning. Sometimes I just have to try and keep up. So here's the deal: Have a great day and Lord willing I'll catch up with you next time. May God bless. Amen.    .....More later.

No comments: