Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanks, I'll have at least five cups for the road!

I know I am on vacation this week but I wanted to spend a few minutes with you this morning. I'm early because as soon as I finish sending this out, I will be on my way for a one day visit with mom, dad, and my sisters JoAnn and Frances. I will be traveling to Louisiana. JoAnn is in for a couple of weeks from her home in Plano, so, it will be a reunion of sorts. My wife is already over in that area visiting her sister, having left on Friday. She hitched a ride with our youngest son who went to fetch a vehicle he hopes to turn into a hunting lease truck. I will pick her up on my way to mom and dad's place. But, it is Monday, October 22, 2012, and I'm excited about being off from my regular work schedule, and about the day that lies before me. I know how enquiring minds want to know. Yes. I do travel with my tall aluminum thermos filled with super hot Community. I am not saying it is very artistic or pleasing to watch when I am refilling my cup while driving. It brings new meaning to the concept of distracted driving. In fact, when my wife is with me in the car she will not even think about thinking about allowing me to execute such a risky maneuver. It is an acquired skill and I do get better at it as I practice. So, I will admit it. I've seen a few 18 wheeler guys shaking their heads. Come on guys! I'm sure you probably had to practice some too. I typically have my spots picked out. Long straight runs. Cruise control engaged. I better leave it at that or I might be accused of giving a dangerous tutorial driven by, not a need for speed, but a need for Community, so to speak. Enjoy your day. Remember the One who provided it to you, and may God bless one and all. Amen.          .....More later.

No comments: