Monday, September 17, 2012

"Well, hello there, my it's been a long long time." Willie Nelson

I hear the train a'comin, it's rollin' round the bend. Not really. With apologies to the late Johnny Cash, it's just Monday morning roaring its fine self back to our front burner. Monday does know how to make its presence felt. It is September 17, 2012, and I am back with you for another visit across the fence here at the old blogger ranch. Or, we could move on over to the porch and sip on a cup of Louisiana Community. Not too much of that kind of visiting goes on anymore, and, in many ways that's just sad. I'm glad we have email and Facebook, Twitter, and cell phones and interactive video, and all the other technologies we use to communicate. All of these together can never replace that face to face time, where we just sit back and have a good laugh or two, solve the world's problems, and enjoy each other's company. I'm thankful that I experienced a fair amount of those types of visits, but, to be honest, it was way back when, and today those good times are pretty much only faded memories. Progress. We need it. But, my oh my, we do pay a price for being with it in the here and now. We sure do pardner. We sure do.

My wife and others enjoy my blogs EXCEPT when I mention anything about the political stuff flying all around us. In fact, she and another one of the very dear ladies in our fellowship were talking about that very issue. And, their conclusion was agreed. Anytime they even think they see it coming, they are going to get away from it faster than the speed of light. Too serious. Too negative. Too burdensome. True. True. True. All of those things and more. I don't mind them doing that one bit. I write what I write and every person can choose to read any, some, all, or not a word of it. That's the beauty of choice. In their case, they love the anecdotes, the walks down memory lane, and me poking fun at myself. I like those too. But, here at the blogger ranch yours truly does have an active and ongoing interest in many different subjects including the political world with all of its shenanigans being perpetrated on all sides. But, I do attempt to balance it all because the way things are going at the present time, it can knock us down, and hopefully it will, to our knees. And, I do thank everyone who takes the time to stop by and visit each day by reading whatever parts they might enjoy.

Many of us are coming to realize that growing older is not for sissies. We do have excellent medical care and that helps. I heard about the 80 year old man who was pouring out his heart to his doctor. "I am becoming so forgetful doctor. I sometimes forget where I am going. I might even forget how to get back home. Often I forget my wallet. What do you have to say about it doctor." The doctor quickly replied, "Could I get you to pay in advance?" Another older gentleman told his doctor that he just hadn't been able to help around the house like he had in the past. He wanted to know exactly why that might be the case. The doctor told him he could only think of one word to describe his problem. Lazy. The older man thought about it and then asked the doctor for a medical term he could use when telling his wife. No. I'm not making fun. But, we all might as well laugh as we continue to journey on. Have a great rest of the day and may God bless. Amen.    .....More later.

No comments: