Friday, September 7, 2012

Thanking God for such wonderful parents!

Today is Friday. It began just after midnight and will hang around for a full 24 hour span. I appreciate you showing up at the blog disposal area. Plenty of them have met their doom in the blog incinerator. But, some survive, and I’m glad to send this one out, on this, the 7th day of September, 2012. My mom and stepfather have an anniversary coming up this Sunday. Thirty five years. Them being together is a God thing and we children have been, and continue to be blessed by our mom and dad. When we think of mom we think of heart, caring, concern, and old fashioned devotion. She is a model mom. Dad reflects character, integrity, and a sense of responsibility, to God, family, and his fellow citizens. They have been a great team and great role models for us all. We thank God for them and send out our wishes for a most wonderful anniversary. May God bless you both is our prayer. Love, Marilyn and Al.

14 years of serving with Bro. Kim and his family.
We cranked back up the inner city ministry called Crosstrainers last Tuesday evening. I believe this is my 14th year. I had thought about thinking about not participating this year. You know. Those tired and weary bones that speak ugly things to me. However, I couldn’t get a sense of peace about not going. I had invited them to organize their activities with something different to replace my little part. But, they didn’t want to, therefore, we are off and running again. I reached back and got a theme and song I had used some 7 years ago. Only the leaders remember it. The theme says: Be a good soldier of Jesus Christ. It’s based on the Apostle Paul’s Holy Spirit inspired admonition to his young helper Timothy as found in 2nd Timothy 2:5 “You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” The little song is a marching tune and the kids, like always, caught on fast. I did get to counsel and pray with some boys at the end of our lesson. When I look at that photo of Bro. Kim and his wife and children, I can't help but remember how privileged I have been to not only serve with them, but also to watch those children literally grow up before my very eyes and become leaders in the Lord's work. Amen. It was a good night to cap off a long day and when I did make it home, it made it very easy for me to fall asleep.

The other day I was in the mega hardware store when I encountered a little red haired guy. I was wearing a red shirt and bright green cap. He glanced at me, whirled around, did a double take, and then started pointing. His mom was calling him to come on. When he turned to do that he bumped into one of the display racks and it knocked his head a little. I went over to him and leaned down and rubbed his head and wished him well. His mom and sister seemed a little embarrassed but I was glad he was okay and also pleased that he thought he knew who I might be. Last Sunday a young family attended our services. They have been out for much of the summer. One of their little ones grabbed hold of me like I was his long lost friend. So much so, it put a tear in my eye. Old and sentimental? Yes and yes, but I must tell you: Stuff like that floats my boat. It doesn’t take much. Now, let’s all go out there and have a great Saturday and Lord’s Day Sunday. That might just float all of our boats. Amen.           …..More later.

No comments: