Friday, September 28, 2012

Did you know that it is bad luck to fall out of a thirteenth story window on a Friday?

Let's see what hornet nest I can get stirred up this morning. Not really. I've had some hornets after me a time or two, or maybe some wasps, or they could have been yellow jackets or bees, and as best I recall, I'm not interested in going down that road again. We open the curtains today and discover it is Friday, September 28, 2012, and I'm glad you took the time to stop by. We've had some cooler weather, more like a tease sampler, but, we've also had some hot stuff thrown in for good measure. We've been pulling in some 95 plus days this past week and while you might be one of those the 'hotter the better' type people, for me, I can certainly do without it. At the same time I am thankful for those ride to work mornings with the windows down. That has been nice. Since I leave the house as early as 3:30 a.m., I sometimes get trailed by one of Barney Fife's buddies. They appear to be quite bored and I may look like a target. You know. White beard and all. And, they don't know if I am coming from somewhere or going somewhere. My answer would be Yes and Yes, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. They trail my bumper for a while, really close, then, almost without warning they jump into the next lane, floor it, and make like they are doing a tryout for one of the upcoming Cop shows. It's a little unnerving for them to ride my bumper but they most likely need something to help keep them awake. Glad I can be of service. I think.

No. I do not pass by a donut shop on my way. That's not even nice. I do know I've seen some pretty good sized deputies that left me wondering if, when, and how they made it through the physical fitness test. Big people can be intimidating. The other afternoon I stopped by the store. I got into the fast line but the lady was having trouble with a fellow's bank card and after seeing the slow line going faster than the fast line, I had to make a decision. I switched to the slow line. Guess what? The people in front of me had a lot of groceries but they also had trouble with a card they were using. Oh my. I found myself in a state of perpetual waiting. Back to my big people story. The cashier next door was checking out a man and lady. The lady was very tall and very large. She had her elbows on that little check writing stand and was leaned over glaring at the cashier as each item was scanned. I don't know about you but I might have thrown a couple of something into the bag without hearing the beep just to try and get her to back off. Back on my side, after the cashier consultation committee concluded their meeting, the power broker with the keys moved into action, unlocked and did some quick keying like maybe I might try to see what they were, and then they accepted a different card. Now it became my turn. Finally. I sure was glad there was no price check on my basket or maybe I would have had to take a nap. I told you my life can be rough at times.

I just thought maybe I would share that little snapshot with you so you can see what I am up against as I waddle my way through life. It's been an interesting week. My wife was not feeling well at all earlier in the week. She's better now but things don't go that well when mama is out  of commission. She actually had to come home early from visiting her sister in Louisiana. I knew I should have made that bed up but I was saving it for Monday because I wanted it to be all fresh when she came in. She felt too bad to say anything and I didn't point it out because I didn't want to add to her misery. I can be quite the thoughtful person. You act surprised. But, enough of my little reality show, we now move on to our Saturday and our anticipation of Lord's Day Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend and Lord willing I will be here again with another ration of observations or as it may be, the view from here. May God bless. Amen.      ....More later.

No comments: