Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Going bonkers over a basketful of beautiful cool air!

We meet once again. It is Wednesday, September 12, 2012, and I just want you to know that it hit a wonderful 59 degrees with low humidity here at my workplace on Monday morning. I had the door wide open and it felt like I had been transported to a magical world where, as they say on the Prairie Home Companion radio program, ".....all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average." I had driven my way across the fruited plains with the windows down and I could even sense a slight chill as that cool wind hit my bare arms. This past Sunday early in the morning I drug me a chair and sat out under one of the canopies at the meeting place of our local fellowship, sipping on some Community and sucking in some of that foreign air that had been away from us for so long. I hear you. It will not last. You are so right. But as they used to say back home, enjoy it while you can because all good things come to an end, and this is the end, my friend. Or something like that. I don't really care if it's a down payment or a preview but I am so looking forward to when it chooses to visit us again.

You think I might have some type of compulsive disorder as it relates to things like cooler air? I will only say this about that. Add it to the list brother, add it to the list. I'm not alone. Many of the folks in and around these parts were pretty ecstatic about that modest cool front rolling in. I was discussing it with a young mother at our local fellowship and her little preschooler son piped up: "I think it would be a great day for bike riding mom." See what I mean? Plus, the Texans won and that is very important to a whole lot of folks and it did impact how they approached their Monday return to work. I was absolutely knocked down when I found out that my driver in NASCAR had made the championship round, called the Chase, on Saturday night in Richmond. It was actually Sunday morning when the race finally ended. It had two different rain delays and when I left the race he was running 25th and it looked like his season, as far as championship competition, was over. It came on the radio when I was driving to Church early Sunday morning. Jeff Gordon made the wildcard and will be in the Chase. What a way to start the day. Cooler air and an unbelievable comeback story of the year by my driver. Life can be good at times.

There continues to be a whole lot of fact checking going on these days. It has become somewhat ridiculous. Now we have the spectacle of a new genre of fact checkers who are checking the other fact checkers. But, there's a big problem. Those doing the fact checking cannot agree on the factual basis of the facts they are checking. You know, like the old country song, "I was looking back to see if you were looking back to see if I was looking back to see if you were looking back at me." It also reminds me of that time from the Old Testament when the nation of Israel was far away from God. It is said that everyone was doing what was right in their own eyes, but what they were doing was wrong in God's eyes. (Judges Chapter 21) It makes many folks wonder where they can turn to find the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This is about the most important question anyone could ever ask, and I am glad to be able to point them to the only Source that I know of that can be counted on to always be true, that being God's Holy Word. And, that's a fact that is work checking out. Amen.        .....More later.

No comments: