Friday, September 21, 2012

"Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well." Jim Rohn, famous entrepreneur, and mentor to Tony Robbins


~ Full disclosure requires that I inform you that as I sit here, at 4:31 a.m., it is a pleasant 58 degrees with the door wide open, hoping I do not get a visit from any wandering wildlife. And before it was all said and done we did hit 56 degrees yesterday morning. My name is Yours Truly and I approved this message. ~

By now you know I work without a net and I also don't use one of those laugh tracks to indicate when it's time for you to chuckle. I must be really out of tune with what society thinks is funny. I have really tried hard to understand what is funny when that laughing outburst is slammed into a TV show, and, more times than not, I don't get it, and I almost always don't think it is funny. What's wrong with me? That's a good question but we neither have enough analyst couches nor the time to work on that one. Maybe I am like the proverbial marching band student where the parents can't help but wonder why all the other kids are out of step. But, I am glad to inform you that it is Friday, September 21, 2012, and I bid you a hearty hello and welcome to our little get together here at the blogger ranch. The good news is how that most of this week is now in our rear view mirror and we can look ahead to our Saturday and Lord Day's Sunday. I know some of the fellows around here sure are hoping that the Texans will see the first half Peyton Manning who threw three interceptions rather than the Peyton Manning who nearly made a miraculous recovery near the end of last Monday night's game. You know. It's their version of that Disney song. I can hear Jiminy Cricket now,  "When You Wish Upon a Star."

Don't get me wrong. I very much hope the Texans do well, but, I am no longer that plugged in. I was at one time. I hear them calling names and talking stuff like they know these people personally. I can talk the talk as well but only because I read a lot. A lot of everything. A lot about a lot of stuff. Sometimes, way too much stuff. I heard a fellow the other day talking about how much more you can get done if you totally eliminate any and all things that do not contribute to productive outcomes. Hello? For me that would end up being a huge amount of my day's activities. I recently talked with a friend who is very excited about his granddaughter making the traveling volley ball team. I also have a granddaughter who will soon be playing, but it just so happened I had read that very day something about an outstanding volley ball player and because of that, I was able to exchange some of the digs and kills that reflect upon outstanding play. He was impressed. See what I mean? You just never know when information consumed might become useful. But wait a minute. I think he might think I am a real volley ball expert. I had better do some more reading.

Sometimes when I think about my daily dish of shared musings I can hear Nat King Cole singing his 1962 mega hit, Ramblin Rose. "Ramblin' rose, ramblin' rose Why you ramble, no one knows Wild and wind-blown, that's how you've grown Who can cling to a ramblin' rose?" Wind blowing. Mind blowing. All over the page, most, if not all of the time. I plead guilty on all counts. Yet, I continue to share because from time to time I hear about someone reading my stuff and being encouraged, or their sensing of God's presence as they deal with a difficult circumstance, or they just have a good laugh or two in a world where they are hard to come by. Maybe it turns out that this little daily ditty is a little corner of my calling in life. I do know that when you share God's truth, He will use it, period. He will use it. That's why I always try to include something from Him because that's not just value added, it is power added because His power can and will make a difference, for time and eternity. Okay. Enough ramblin for this week. I'll try to stir some new stuff up for next week and until then, may God bless us all as we seek  to live out the life He has given to us, in a way that brings honor and glory to His name. Amen.       .....More later.

No comments: