Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to our Alexander Benjamin!

Poppy, Alex, and MiMi. Grandparent's Day, September 2012
It is Tuesday, September 18, 2012, and I am remembering the 7th year that God has granted to our grandson, Alex. He got the full measure of the character gene. I'm talking about just how much of a character he is. It runs in the family. In this regard, he and his first cousin Brady are remarkable boys born just four months apart. Alex has a vivid imagination that tends to overlay his understanding of how particular things work. The other day he wanted me to come up stairs but not until he called me. I told him that would be fine. He said that I should listen real close because he had been having some trouble with his scream box. He said that we have two different boxes. One for talking and one for screaming, both located in our throat but his scream had been a little weak lately. They didn't teach us that when I was in school, but then again, I did go to a very small one. Alex has a way of brightening up your day and the Lord knows most of us can use all the brightening we can get. We thank God for our Alex and pray God's grace upon his life. Happy 7th Birthday! Love, MiMi and Poppy.

Don't get all nervous because I'm not getting ready to write about politics but I did read some interesting funny lines that caught my attention. ~ Not all fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time." They could very well have this as their opening, "If I am elected I will....." ~ Here's another one. "If a man speaks in the woods and his wife doesn't hear him, is he still wrong?" ~ They have also discovered that rats have the potential of dying during medical experiments. ~ Why is it that "I know it's none of my business" is always followed by a 'but'? Why does the fellow announce that he is no speech maker but then he goes ahead and proves it anyway. ~ Here's one for those trying to save the planet: What do you do when you discover an endangered animal is existing by eating an endangered plant species? ~ Since light travels faster than sound, maybe that's why some folks appear to be brighter until you hear them speak. ~

We should have known Alex was going to be active. He came along right smack in the middle of a hurricane. No less than a Category 5. Hurricane Rita. Today, we are blessed with him and his brother and two sisters, along with his 7 other first cousins, and our little great grand, his second cousin. He came into this world facing a raging storm. He was helpless. And, that's how we feel when the storms of life come calling. Helpless. Fortunately for Alex, God surrounded him with people who provided for him throughout that stormy time. And, may we always remember that God can be counted on to provide for us when the winds and waves of life toss us around. You've not ever needed that kind of help? I don't want to be negative but those times will come my friend, yes, they will come. When they do, know that as a child of God He will be there for you. May God bless each one. Amen.          .....More later.

No comments: