Friday, September 14, 2012

"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes." Henry J. Kaiser, American Industrialist and founder of more than 100 companies.

Okay it is Friday, September 14, 2012. I am a Friday's child, therefore, according to the rhyme I am loving and giving. I think I had better recheck my birth certificate because it says the Saturday child works hard for a living. I'm just joking anyway because it really doesn't matter what day of the week we were born on, we all have a life and a destiny to fulfill. Some spend most of their life waiting on their ship to come in. Dr. Tony Evans, the great African American Preacher says that God would have us to quit waiting on the shore but rather we need to swim out and grab hold of that proverbial ship. We know that God is Sovereign but we also know that He has given us opportunities to pursue. The way in which we pursue helps define and shape our time here. Most of the explanations for understanding the balance involved in any discussion about God's Sovereignty end up mostly in soundbites. Like the one that says: Just live each day like it is your last. One person commented that if you do that every single day, you will one day be exactly 100% right. Someone reminded me the other day about how that I ended up being in the right place at the right time to be a conduit for something important in the Lord's work. That situation came about totally unconnected to my intended effort. Or did it? Coincidence? I would say, not on your life! Always see those unexpected opportunities as God ordained and give Him the glory, and, the way I see it, you will always be closer to reality than you might imagine.

Hello? Sounds like I'm waxing philosophical for a Friday. It wasn't necessarily intentional because to tell you the truth, I often feel pretty waxed out, maxed out, or whatever. And speaking of unexpected contacts, during the last couple of weeks I've made a few that could end up turning into something. Back when we started the Santa adventure I had in mind to use it as a way of serving. We've done several charity events but not to the extent we had hoped. This year we are working on a potential to do some hospital visits for children. These recent contacts that came from out of nowhere may offer additional opportunities to serve underprivileged children. I had taken the contact information off of my Santa card and now give one out that has my photo along with a depiction of Santa kneeling at the birth crib of our Savior. The only caption on the card: Celebrating the Real Reason for the Season. I had used the other one for some time. It had my email and phone. This one doesn't. I only share the card if they make a comment or ask about my appearance, and guess what? They asked, I gave them a card, and these potential new opportunities to serve surfaced. Now how to you like that?

If they want my contact information which several have, I write it on the back of the card. Hey, I'm not complaining about the paid commitments we already have on our schedule, but I am so looking forward to seeing how this little impersonation caper can be turned into an increased ministry opportunity. That pretty much does it for this week.We had the cooler air and I've done my part to help the economy by using up my fair share of Community brewed up black and strong. I also had some pretty intense days at work but that's what work is, right? I'm thankful that I can still get up and go even if I did my own funny video trying to get a mosquito. You know. The West Nile deal kind of had me on alert and I was not going to let that little critter get away. That was the plan. I'm not sure what ever became of that dude but next time I will be better prepared. Speaking of being prepared, I can't think of a better way than to spend some time with God's people when they meet together on Lord's Day Sunday. I will do my best to do that very thing. Until next time may God bless us all. Amen.      ....More later.

No comments: