Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dealing with the delimmas of life.

Welcome to short week Thursday where we are celebrating it here on this September 6, 2012, by doing what we typically do on a Thursday, short or long week, we keep our normal routine. My wife was gone again last week. I'm glad she was able last Friday to go over to celebrate her sister's birthday in Louisiana. When she is away it makes me somewhat responsible for what goes on at the location of our home. To water or not to water, that becomes a serious question. Since her retirement she has greatly expanded the floral content of our yard presentation. Don't even think about not watering those. As for the rest of the yard, I paid great attention to the weather forecast. Saturday: widely scattered. What exactly does that mean? What to do? I did what most good left at home caretakers do. As the day progressed, I continued to give it serious thought. I met my son for the Obama movie. By the time I got home it was very cloudy. When I turned on the TV the satellite was out. I thought this could get interesting. BAM!, WHAM!, SLAM!, thunder, lightning, and suddenly it started pouring from the skies. Hello? I thought, how about continuing that widely scattered for some saturation here? And, it did, for an hour and a half. Blessings as in the song: There shall be showers...... It was good to have waited. Procrastination does, occasionally, pay off. The ground was soaked and I could mark that one off my list. No. I am not trying out for any local drama team. I'm just sharing. That's all. The satellite came back up in time to watch NASCAR. Well watered plains and the Atlanta Motor Speedway. That's what I'm talking about!

You somehow are having trouble conjuring up any sympathy for me? I can tell. I'll have you know that I did quite a bit of squirming in my recliner during all of this deep thought. And, best I remember, my fingers may have even become a little cramped from clicking that remote. Being the decider in chief on matters of such consequence can be draining. Maybe the whole thing got off to a bad start. The evening before, on Friday, I came in very tired from work. I decided to reward my hard work with a steak and shrimp dinner. I did the cooking. It was exceptionally good but a little on the heavy side and that may have interfered with my brain function. How does that one sound? Better. What? Not even a little bit? The good news is I survived the weekend. I did not starve. The yard was well watered and I am able to look back and chuckle a little, even though, it was pretty rough, tiring, draining, and all that other stuff I mentioned. To add to the burden I carry, my driver finished second in the race Sunday evening. I was standing up for the final two laps. He needed to win. He didn't. I had trouble going to sleep. Too wound up I suppose. From that race and all that deciding stuff I had to do. It's a tough world folks. A real tough world.

I do hope everyone is aware that all of that was written as a joke.  An unsuspecting soul landing on today's blog may still be scratching their head. I know. That would not necessarily be limited to today's edition. But I've never promised to make it easy for those reading my stuff. And, I have warned many times in the past that I would not want to wish my thinking on anyone else. The good news is that, no matter how scatterbrained or loosey-goosey, I am loved by Creator God and He sent His Son to die for me and for the sins of everyone else who populates His world. That's something we can all share in and it only takes our response in trusting in Jesus. At the start of the day, middle of the day, and yes, at the end of the day, that's a truth that can change a person's eternal destiny, forever and ever, Amen. Maybe sharing that life changing truth will make up for the prior discombobulated mess. Maybe. See you tomorrow, Lord willing, and the phone line remains uncut.               ......More later.

No comments: