Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I never said it was your fault, I only said I was blaming you.

Hello there and welcome. This must be the place. It's good to have this time to visit here on this Wednesday, September 26, 2012. Can you imagine someone from a remote corner of the world that comes to our country and sees their first sporting event on TV? Listening to the commentators would be a wonderful way to learn the language. Right? ~ It's a game of inches. ~ They're feeling each other out. ~ The home team has drawn first blood. ~ It's going down to the wire. ~ It's a real pressure cooker.~ It's a nail biter. ~ It's a nip and tuck game. ~ It's a see-saw game. ~ We've got a real barn-burner. ~ This is an old fashioned shootout. ~ These two teams are fighting tooth and nail. ~ You can feel the momentum swinging.~ That took the crowd out of the game. ~ They're within striking distance now. ~ They've scratched and clawed their way back into the game.~ It's a shame somebody has to lose this game. ~ He's having a whale of a game. ~ The only thing worse might be if they showed up at a NASCAR race and heard Darrell Waltrip singing, "You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel."

I found what I was looking for at the house the other day. One problem. I found it on my desk at work. Who ever came up with that just visualize it in your mind trick needed to also remind folks to visualize the correct address. I didn't have any problem seeing it in my mind's eye but knowing where it was, now that's where I got into trouble. You wouldn't have told that if you were me? Let me just make one thing clear. On a top ten countdown listing embarrassing stuff about me, that one wouldn't have even merited an honorable mention. I don't keep up with the texting codes commonly used but I do know a few of them. Like LOL means laughing out loud. One fellow proposed some for us older folks. ATD - At the doctor. ~ BFF - Best friend's funeral. ~ FWIW - Forgot where I was. ~ GHA - Got hearburn again. The list goes on and on and as you can tell, so do I. I suppose I can throw my lot in with Robert Louis Stevenson who is quoted as having said: "I've a grand memory for forgetting."

If that doesn't brighten your day, well, here's a little nugget that makes you aware that you are not alone. It is estimated that, on average, 159,635 people across the globe will die the same day that you die. The battery for the recent rover sent to Mars is designed to last for 14 years. Obviously they didn't use the same technology for the wireless mouse I use with this computer. Have you noticed all the so called body art showing up on folks? This is like a craze or something. I'm not on any kind of campaign against it. We have it in our family. But, I saw a kid the other day who was drawing pictures of the tattoo she wants when she gets old enough. Here's some staggering numbers. $2.3 billion annual revenue. 15,000 Tattoo parlors in America. 21 Percent of Americans have a tattoo. 23 Percent of women and 19 percent of men have a tattoo. 36 Percent of 18-to-25-year-olds have a tattoo. $80 to $100 Average per hour cost of a tattoo. $200 Cost of a laser tattoo removal session. 10-15 Sessions needed to remove a tattoo. 50 Percent of those with a tattoo seek removal. Let me see. It takes 10 to 15 sessions to remove, and, oh by the way, they cannot guarantee it will work, at $200 per session. I bet they don't share this piece of information with the clients at the parlor. People can make their own decisions but seeing that girl drawing those pictures, well, it just hit me the wrong way. Have a great day and may God bless each one! Amen.   ...More later.

No comments: