Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Mark my word, blocking the forwarding of my blog link is only a drop in the proverbial bucket in how speech will be controlled and crippled going forward.

Actual Message denying the sending of my blog link.
Hello and welcome. It is Tuesday, July 30, 2019, and I have news to report. With us getting closer to August, I can report, and this is unusual, our grass is mostly green. It is. It really is. More significant, we have not watered anything other than the flowers up til now. That is a big thank you Lord because of the rain showers we've had, many of them, just in the nick of time. That may all change in August but we are thankful thus far. I'm not surprised but was a little put off when I learned that my blog does not conform to Facebook's community standards. I found this out when I tried to send a link via Messenger to our pastor of yesterday's blog since the wife thought he would get a kick out of it. Here's the link that caused them to deny the message I sent: viewfrommypew.blogspot.com/ Maybe, the word 'pew' caused their alarms to go off. That was my original working title when I started over 12 years ago. I changed it to the more generic, 'View From Here' as I continued to work out the details. However, the original identifier has remained in place. I was able to send it to him via EMAIL, but, how ludicrous to think they would reject my blog from that fairly innocuous name. I certainly don't think they have read any of them because let's face it, (no pun intended), had they read any of my blogs I would perhaps be banned from the entire world of social media.

There are a lot of changes going on within the fast-food market. I saw the above photo from 1974 of the prices at McDonald's. Yep. And, I also remember buying 3 gallons of gasoline at the station for $1. Back then, it would have been really hard to eat $5 worth off the menu. Today, the average ticket price for McD's is around $5 per ticket and customers spend on average $26 per month at the Golden Arches. The monthly number is really good for McDonald's since they have 3.1 average visits per month compared to under 2.0 visits per month for their direct competitors, Wendy's and Burger King. Current customer loyalty is reflected in retained customer numbers. Chick-fil-A leads the fast food industry in retaining their customers. Chick-fil-A also leads all restaurants in average total revenue per unit or location. This shows up in data from 2016, where McDonald's made $36 billion in revenue for their 14,000 locations. Chick-fil-A made just north of $8 billion at their 2,102 units. Here's a trivia funny for you: I was born in 1946. My mom could have bought one dozen cans of Campbells Tomato soup for $1. Today? Typically, more than $1 per can. I had better be clued in on senior discounts if I am going to eat almost anywhere. This was some stuff I threw together after having seen that photo.

We did receive another huge rain shower yesterday and the weather says more rain today. Mr. Bentley likes to sit with me in the garage and watch the rain. I heard the weather fellow on a local channel say that last night north of us the folks were getting a steady light sleeping-good rain. I think we all can identify with that kind of rain. Growing up, a rainy night was about the best sound effect one could hope for. A train coming through was good, but, they typically didn't last long enough to help you snooze. Folks these days rarely leave any windows open so hearing the rain may not be as clear as it was back in the day. Here in my office, I like to open my window on a crisp cool day. Invigorating. We are currently in the early stages of thinking about thinking about us making a trip. I have my three score and ten plus three coming up and that sounds like as good of an excuse as any. The wife asked me where I thought we might go. I told her somewhere that is much cooler. I did see a 45 degree reading up in northern Minnesota but I'm not keen on going there. Maybe I can email Al Gore and he can give me some recommendations. Maybe not. We will see. Enjoy the rest of your day and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: