Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Don't confuse the thingamajigs with being discombobulated. Got it?

It's Tuesday, July 16, 2019, and I do bid you a hearty welcome to today's episode. I don't know if my office serves as a man cave or not. I don't think so, although I am typically the one who uses it the most. One of the wife's major concerns, when she is away, is her plants. Before she left yesterday she asked if I thought she should water them. I told her not to worry about her plants. Well, she left at 9 a.m., and at 2 p.m. the bottom fell out. One person down our street measured nearly 4" of rain in one hour. The ditches were full and our neighbor across the street's front yard looked like a lake. I took pictures and a video and sent them to the wife over in Louisiana. She sent back her reply that I need not worry about watering the plants. Two hours of some of the loudest thunder I've heard in a long time. It was not only just loud, but it was also sustained. Eerie. Yep. Lost the power too. For about an hour. This time it was widespread. My understanding is this event was the tail end of the system associated with Hurricane/tropical storm/tropical depression Barry. The kicker? Once it was done, it was as if it had not even shown up. The sun came out and within 30 minutes everything was roasting. Strange. But, we did need the rain. And, I didn't have to worry about the plants. God is good. Amen.

Because the power was out, Mr. Bentley and I sat out in the garage and watched the storm. We were very comfortable. We were sitting on our old furniture that has still not been picked up. The Salvation Army forgot us completely. We were given the name of another group, The Jesus Center, and they were supposed to come last Saturday morning. They didn't show. When I called them to ask why they didn't show up I thought of some things to say about them not keeping their word and how that didn't fit their name, but, instead, I just inquired. They could not believe it because it rarely happens, but, no ticket had been written for them to dispatch the truck. Imagine that? At any rate, Mr. Bentley and I so enjoyed the comfort of our recliners while being very uneasy with the storm raging on. The Jesus Center people assured me they would come today, Tuesday. If they don't I may suggest they change the name of their charity. You know. WWJD? For those who may have forgotten, "What would Jesus do?"

I'm dealing with some cobwebs this morning. The ones that make thinking a little more difficult. Trying to clear them out and type at the same time while thinking of something to write about, well, I would say don't try this at home, but, that's exactly what I am doing. I would also add, this qualifies me as being able to multitask but, that, my friend, would be a reach. And, as we all so often hear in today's lingo, "It is what it is." I assume that means we need to take a deep breath and deal with it. I haven't even mentioned the major plumbing issue we had come up last Sunday. When you live in a house that was built in the early 1970s and you have been here for 35 years, well, you can expect to have these types of things come up. I'll save that story for another day, especially since we are still working on it. I sound rather calm as I write about it, but, it's not the kind of thing any of us look forward to dealing with. And, we all have to deal with stuff. You, me, and everyone breathing air on the planet have challenges. Even as far back as when I was a kid, my mom was using the starving children in far off places to force us to eat our food. That typically didn't apply to me because one of the only things I was really good at was eating. In fact, believe it or not, she used to tell people I was her best, 'eater'. Look at me today. I've got the diabetes to prove it. Just kidding. Take care. Enjoy. Be thankful. I'll see you next time. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: