Thursday, July 18, 2019

Please join me in welcoming our guest blogger for today.

Today we have a special guest writer. I think it's best to hear his story, from his point of view. I do bid you a hearty welcome on this Thursday, July 17, 2019.

Good morning folks out there in blogger land, my name is Bentley, although they have recently come up with this piece of work, Sir Bentley Barksalot, Esq. I've only been around this place since this past January. One day I am happily going about my business, (in more ways than one), in the backyard of the sweet lady I live with, and, lo and behold!, the next thing I knew I was in the back of the SUV headed to who knows where. They even brought along my big Poodle friend to keep me company. We drove up to a fast food joint and next thing I knew I was being handed over to a fellow with white hair all over his face. Believe me. I was shaking like a leaf. That guy handed me over to a sweet lady but I had never seen her before. She was trying to calm me down. We were now in their car and I took one last look at the lady who had been my sweet friend for the past few weeks. First of all, these people didn't even speak the same language. What did they think? I would be bi-lingual? They did seem happy to see me, but, I was too scared to even imagine what was going on.

We drove to a house. It was different than the house I lived in before. This one was larger. I was still shaking but the longer I stayed it was the more I figured I had better make the best of it. They had the same food I had eaten before. Good for them. The first few days were pretty weird. Them hugging me all the time and trying to make me feel at home. You can squeeze only so much if you know what I mean. They immediately began to be very stern about my bathroom habits. They were seriously scolding me for a little bit of something they found on the floor. And, they did it every time. Okay already. Let's make a deal. I will come and act all nervous like so that you can take me outside. Even if it is cold as all get out. As to who I belong to, well, that seems to be an ongoing issue. The white beard fellow says I belong to the lady. The lady says I belong to the white beard fellow. The white beard fellow says the lady told him to find her a dog. And, he says she named me. I just wish they would make up their minds and let's get on with it!

I am into my 7th month. They have carried me several times to that place where they all wear white coats. I don't particularly like that place but the people there do let me lick them in the face. They sure talk a lot about my weight. I was six pounds when I came. I am fourteen pounds now. So, did you expect me to be able to sleep in a teacup forever? Here are a few things I know for sure. These people do love me. I have become more or less the center of attention. And, yes, I do like them too. The white beard takes me out in the middle of the night. The lady lets me cuddle up next to her feet when she is napping on the couch. She does that a lot. I've met the neighbors. They are all nice and their animals are okay too. Most of them. I've not yet figured out what the deal is with the cats. They act like they are somebody just because they don't go around with a leash on their neck. Talk about arrogant! I love my house. I love every room. I'm not allowed in many of them except when they are with me. They must think I am going to take their crown jewels or something. They talk sometimes about my heritage. You know. My mummy and daddy. Stuff like that. Well, I have a surprise for them. Check out the photo and I think you will get it before they do. Thanks for hearing me out. The white beard will be back tomorrow. I should know. I will be at his feet waiting on him to please stop that incessant banging on the keyboard.

No comments: