Wednesday, July 24, 2019

“Now there is nothing in this world I abominate worse, than to be interrupted in a story...” ― Laurence Sterne, 1713-1768, Irish Novelist and Anglican Clergyman

Today is Wednesday, July 24, 2019. I am running late because Mr. Bentely and I have fallen prey to the chaotic exuberance over a slight drop in the temperatures. In short, he and I have been essentially chilling (metaphorically speaking) out on the driveway this morning since 5 a.m. The official weather deal on my phone said 68 degrees, but, it didn't feel that cool, but, it was pleasant. Several cups of Community and watching the sunrise, well, that made for a good start of the day. We are blessed to be full up here at our place. We have our granddaughter, Amanda, recovering from some minor surgery. We have our nephew, Bradley, who will be flying out to Chicago early in the morning. I will be taking him at 3 a.m. We have our regulars, our middle son, Jimmy, and granddaughter Alesha. Oh yeah, The Wife did get home around 5 p.m. yesterday. Welcome back to our program which was/is already in progress. At any rate, Mr. Bentley and I got to hang out in my office upstairs. Amanda couldn't climb the stairs so she camped out with her MiMi. Being outside in the almost coolish breeze reminded me of how many times I have done exactly that, sat outside when it was cold and crisp, enjoying a cup of Community. Good times folks, good times indeed!

Having guests in the house was also a reason for me to do my best not to stir around too much. Even though I was doing my best to be quiet I did receive a text from the wife shortly after 5 a.m. asking a pertinent question, "What in the world are y'all doing?" I texted back that we were outside. She probably heard us when we got up. Mr. Bentley is always excited to get the day going. Jumping around. Her bed is directly below the office so that's why she thought maybe we were having an early morning party. It reminds me of the many times we visited her parents. Her dad, Bro. Rawles, was an early to bed, early to rise kind of person. Our boys typically would seep on the floor in their living room. When her dad got up, typically, very early, he pretty much operated as if everyone was up. He beat and banged stuff in the kitchen and we even heard him in our bedroom. Our boys were very irritated. I do know this and I am sure our boys would agree. It would be wonderful to be able to visit them again, one more time. We will not be able to do that in this life, but, they had the promise and we have the same promise that we will all meet up again in our real home, our heavenly home. The noise there will all be an anthem of praise to the Great God who made a way for us. Amen.

Mr. Bentley, all tuckered out from being outside all morning.
I may or may not show up tomorrow since I will be transporting Mr. Bradley to the big airport. This means if you do not see anything, don't worry. No need to panic. That's a joke. I am the first to be aware that since most people see my bog electronically, well, it doesn't even serve the purpose of a good old fashioned newspaper. A newspaper could be used for many different things. You could line the birdcage. You could use it to train your pet. You could wrap stuff up with it for shipping or storage. At least I'm not using up a lot of paper with my blogging activity. If they were being printed I would likely be on the hit list from Al Gore and the save the tree folks. You know. Using up trees for no good reason. It's always best to not take ourselves more seriously than we should. I'm always glad that people read and enjoy my daily visits. However, I will point out that Mr. Bentley got a lot more positive responses to his blog than I typically get for mine. He's had a smirk ever since that happened. He is currently conked out on the blow-up mattress I slept on last night. He no doubt knows that feather pillow is very precious to the fellow who helps take care of him for his owner. Sorry. I couldn't resist. She is back. Enjoy and may God add His blessings. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: